Notices

drinking

Old 10-25-2010, 09:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wow, you really are a victim aren't you? I would say don't drink, it never makes any situation better. You will just feel worse in the end.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was reading over your old posts and wow, it was like I'd written them. Get a few days sober then relapse, get a few weeks sober and relapse, get a few months sober and relapse. And it was always due to outside circumstances (or so I thought). Fights with the kids, can't pay my bills, family problems, depression, mean people, the list of reasons (excuses) went on and on. I did this for most of two years! I finally awoke from that long alcoholic slumber ten months ago and took responsibility for my own life and my drinking.

No matter what happened to me, I didn't drink. No matter how awful I felt or how awful someone treated me, I didn't drink. It was very hard to go without my 'cure all' but I got thru the days one at a time somehow. My feelings were all over the map, mostly bad feelings, despair and hopelessness, but every so often a glimmer of light came thru. I began to feel better, I started sleeping better, I started to take an interest in my life, I started to actually let myself 'feel' my feelings, bad and good, and realize they were only feelings and they would pass.

AFter a few months I realized that I no longer wanted to drink, I no longer needed it. I was finally 'waking up' to the possibilities I'd been blind to all along.

I really hope you try again to stay sober. I can't describe how much better I feel and how much I actually enjoy living, even the bad parts. It's so worth the effort to live sober. No more escaping into the bottle, no more waking up feeling horrible and hating myself. No more missing things from being too drunk or too sick. My whole attitude changed. I still have bad days but no longer want to drink them away.

Please don't give up on yourself. You can do this, please try again.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sleepie, I was so happy for you when you said you had 30 days.
I think you would have gotten more positive responses if you said you had made a mistake rather than made excuses for your slip. Its not like everyone here is trying to be mean.We just don't want sleepie to disappear because she died of cirrhosis or pancreatitis or some other horrible alcohol related cause.
People are not responding to you to pick on you. They are responding the way they are because they CARE. Knowing you have had a problem with alcohol, you cannot expect people to support your choice to drink.
You did 30 days before, you can do it again. Only this time, work on a way to deal with stress before the stress comes up.
I'm still pulling that you will be able to beat this. I think everyone here is on your side, remember that.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:10 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Sleepie - I'm reading all these wonderful replies to your post. I hope you're able to see them as I do and that is a solution my dear, sick friend.

I think, when you decide to get out of your own way, lock on to a group of people who know what to do (you don't), you're going to unlock a life you can't even imagine.

It's there for all of us, but especially for you. Post back on here and tell us the truth and ask for help. The truth will set you free and the power is in the asking. Can you muster the courage to try? Can you? Be honest.

I only hope you re-read this thread and let the honesty flow out from where you've hidden it within.

When will you realize you are worth it? What's it gonna take?
Old 10-26-2010, 01:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Still pulling for you Sleepie. Just remember next time somebody jerks you around that it is doing nothing to them if you drink. Now you likely only feel more angry at them for getting you to give up your sobriety to calm your nerves.

I always like to think of these slips as small bumps in your ongoing sobriety. You have done well to abstain as much as you have as long as you try to get back to sobriety soon.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I don't know your boss and don't know who is at fault here as far as your work goes. You could be a PITA employee for all I know. I've been a supervisor and it ain't no fun. Lets say he is an a-hole. Try looking at it like this. For all the a-holes in my life I will show you by staying sober and making something of myself. You thought I was a looser well INTERCOURSE YOU!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 02:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Using alcohol to make your problems go away is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. You only hurt yourself.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:47 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

My sponsor tells me that God gives everyone the right to commit suicide if they want to...some do it quickly, and some do it slowly,

Thank God I am no longer killing myself bit by bit, piece by piece, day by day.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:31 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I didn't see your previous avatar, but never give in to critics when it comes to art. Ever.

It would be difficult to say many of us can't empathize with depression. I don't know everyone's situation, but I'm betting most of us know what it's like. I've dealt with it for years myself. So yeah, being sad and depressed can easily lead to having a drink or more.

I think there was some confusion with your original statement. It came off as if your boss was forcing you to drink. "It's being encouraged by him..." As if, anyone who doesn't drink tonight gets fired. That's how I read it. It's easy to misunderstand something online.

I hope it works out for you sleepie.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:16 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

I removed a post in this thread under rule 4.

I think there's more than enough good advice for the OP to be going on with here - this thread is closed.

D