Notices

Out of the mouths of babes......

Old 10-19-2010, 08:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Out of the mouths of babes......

Just had to share this. Was watching a programme last week, a soap, and one guy died from drink.....I thought my three year old was happily ignorant of the gravity of the show playing away but he turned and asked me what happened to the guy. I believe in being honest and said he drank too much beer and vodka........I know prob should have said sleep or something but my son can pick up even the sneakiest of intent in adult conversations so I usually just tell it like it is. He turned around a few minutes later to me and said.....oh so he's dead because he drank too much beer and GODOFF!!!!!

Hope that made ye smile the way it did me!!! God bless Noah, my HP!!!

Annette

Last edited by MaryAnn100; 10-19-2010 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 10-19-2010, 08:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Kids are more tuned to their surroundings than we give them credit for... just one more reason to not go overboard with alcohol, especially in front of them, it can affect their mindset in the years to come. There is the nature vs. nurture debate, but I think both come into play when you actually do it in front of them.

I think it affected me seeing my dad down a 12 pack throughout the day and night every day the entire time I grew up...

He died alone in the hospital in 1994, new years eve. One day he just felt really bad and called an ambulance, he was 64.

Organ failure all around... I think he went in and didn't tell them he was an alcoholic, and the DT's took him out, maybe I'm wrong, they are probably trained to 'notice' that sort of thing I reckon, either way - still total organ failure, kidney, liver, then lungs and heart.

The doctors said his last words were "Oh Lord, what have I done to mysel?..."

Then I grew up and started drinking, ended up being about a twelve pack a day before it was all said and done...

The circle was then complete.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
6/20/08

My son came home from a friends house and said, "they don't have beer in their fridge". So wish I would have paid attention to that comment.