Notices

Absolutely ZERO sex drive whatsoever.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yellowtail...thanks for the links. I still feel a little out of whack physically and I'm over 3 months...I think I thought the body would snap back faster but I'm not 25 anymore;-p. Now I have a little hope that things will continue two improve physically:-D
Old 12-18-2010, 04:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

How dare you!

As the wife of an alcoholic, I searched the internet to find some answers because I feel so alone in this. I decided to stay with my husband through the violence, the constant lack of employment, the zero sex drive, and the sick feeling of uncertainty of what I'll find everyday that I come home from work because I do love him and try to have faith in him when he assures me that he wants to get help. I know that these posts are about recovery and in my desperate search for answers to our lack of a sex life lead me here. While I find a lot of your answers helpful, I can't help but feel alot are selfish. I commend all of you for having the courage to stop drinking but to say that a wife is selfish or sex is trivial is just plain wrong. Alcoholics are extremely selfcentered and put there families through hell. The fact that the man who posted his question still has a wife to love him after his alcoholism is amazing. Yes, I'm still with mine but the thought of leaving crosses my mind every single day. So how dare any of you claim any of your family as being selfish! Think about what you have put them through.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

This disease makes all of us sick. Those of us who have it and the ones who love us. I am so sorry you have to suffer with the effects of this deadly disease.

I hope that you and your loved one get help.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizzdavila View Post

to say that a wife is selfish or sex is trivial is just plain wrong.
Couldn't agree more, but I didn't get that message out of this thread... No matter... welcome to SR!! There is a friends and family section where you'll find other spouses and friends and family that have been on the wrong end of an alcoholic relationship... as if there was a right one!
Old 12-18-2010, 07:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Juneof44 View Post
OK, so this is kinda touchy, but I'm coming up on 2 weeks, and I have no desire for intimacy. None. I am completely attracted to and in love with my wife, but I have no urge whatsoever to get physical.

Has my drinking ruined it for me? Is this a permanent thing? Heck, I don't even think about sex anymore. It's like it doesn't exist. I try to explain to her that it's not her fault, yet she still internalizes it and blames herself. I hope this is just something time will heal.

Has anybody else experienced this? Any other males experienced this?

i didn't have much of a sex drive for the better part of 6-8 months and i have a hot wife!

seriously though, i really didn't have one for a long time. it's normal. it'll come and go and then it'll even out as time goes by.

i think my body was so exhausted from all the years of abuse, it was all i could do to make sure i was still remembering how to tie my shoes in the morning.

Originally Posted by Mizzdavila View Post
Alcoholics are extremely selfcentered and put there families through hell. The fact that the man who posted his question still has a wife to love him after his alcoholism is amazing. Yes, I'm still with mine but the thought of leaving crosses my mind every single day. So how dare any of you claim any of your family as being selfish! Think about what you have put them through.

first off...welcome....

second, how ever selfish we are or are not in recovery is different for everyone.

most of us are not selfish people in recovery.

in rare cases, some of us stay assholes and some of us find out we were married to them.

all of the wives and husbands that stay with us aren't saints either....i think it's kinda unfair to group us all together like that.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our recovery community Mizzdavila

Sorry to know your husband is a drinker...

Please click on the link below to find the place Mark mentioned

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

You might consider joining Al anon in your area..it's for those who live with drinkers.

All my best to you and your husband
Old 12-18-2010, 07:22 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Mizzdavila

I'm sorry for your situation.

We have a Family and Friends section here as well. Just follow Carol's link

Noones more right or less wrong than anyone else, I don't think - but having different forums acknowledges the fact that sometimes the same situation will bring out some pretty different responses depending on the readers perspective.

You're welcome to post anywhere, but I hope you do check out the link - you'll get a lot out of our FF section

D

Last edited by Dee74; 12-18-2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Carol beat me!
Old 12-18-2010, 07:50 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Time to close this old thread....hope everyone is enjoying their recovery