Notices

No calls back!!!

Old 10-02-2010, 08:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No calls back!!!

Wow in never ceases to amaze me with the so called therapists and counsellors in this town.... I had phoned Wednesday to see if I could get some help...three different organizations...and not a call back.... this happened to me a few years ago too when I was reaching out....each time the door was shut...strange....that's why I've had issues with reaching out to people it seems they just dont care or are just "too busy" to bother.... I don't know...whatever the case I have you guys here...and I feel blessed!!

Just venting abit...I'm abit upset...
Old 10-02-2010, 08:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by loveon2legs View Post
Wow in never ceases to amaze me with the so called therapists and counsellors in this town.... I had phoned Wednesday to see if I could get some help...three different organizations...and not a call back.... this happened to me a few years ago too when I was reaching out....each time the door was shut...strange....that's why I've had issues with reaching out to people it seems they just dont care or are just "too busy" to bother.... I don't know...whatever the case I have you guys here...and I feel blessed!!

Just venting abit...I'm abit upset...
Sorry you've had such a negative experience. I've been taught that anytime an alcoholic reaches out for help, the hand of AA should be there....and for that I am individually responsible. I imagine AA's hotline responsivenes varies from place to place, but generally speaking I think it does pretty well in helping others. I can't speak to any other organizations though.

I was on an airplane flight once when the flight attendant made an announcement asking if there were any "friends of Bill" aboard (code word for recovered alcoholic). Evidently there was a newly sober person struggling with a craving for a drink....not surprisingly, there was a friend of Bill's there to provide support.

I hope you don't give up. Maybe you've been looking in the wrong place(s) for help. I think that both NA, AA and alanon are all pretty vigilant about being there when someone reaches out. Counselors and therapists.....not so much.

blessings
zenbear
Old 10-02-2010, 08:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Mabye this is a good time to use your new
meditation techniques to get balanced?
Old 10-02-2010, 09:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post

Mabye this is a good time to use your new
meditation techniques to get balanced?

<G>:rotfxko
zenbear
Old 10-02-2010, 11:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Go to a meeting. They are always there for you.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
oak

I'm always amazed at how bad people and organizations can be at calling people back. I think a big part of it is disorganization. But it can feel so personal.

It's ok to call them again. Getting help is important!
Old 10-02-2010, 08:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that :-(
Old 10-03-2010, 12:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Che

I think our society teaches us from a very young age that we are always supposed to 'reach out.' Doubtless, it's a good thing to do and when someone responds it makes life a lot easier. In my experience, however, every single one of my friends will respond with 'I'm not good at this,' or 'you're really talking to the wrong person for this' even though they are people I've been friends with for a decade.

A friend once told me 'the only person you can count on is yourself.' It sounds cliche, dumb, and like the thing the stupid character in a movie will find out isn't really true, but it actually is. Reach out to others, but don't let that be your breaking point. You can't be dependent on others... This is why people say 'quit for yourself.' If you quit for someone else, and that someone else leaves the scene, suddenly you're faced with dilemma.

I hope that you find someone who will let you open up to them, but I also hope that in the meantime you can get thru this okay
Old 10-03-2010, 01:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Call again. Keep calling until you get through. That's what I'd do.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think Stu said best, go to a meeting. AA, NA, they will be there for you. They always have been for me.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks so much everyone...I just felt let down, in the end though it really is up to ME to stay sober...I will try again... tonight though is my meditation class!!! looking forward to that!!!