Notices

Little help

Old 09-30-2010, 09:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Little help

As some of you know I left AA a couple weeks ago, not that AA was a bad thing...just after a year in the group I was in, I didn't agree with the group I was in, and where they wanted me to be.

Anyway...Since I no longer have my sponsor/group to talk to, I could use a sounding board (SR maybe) to tell things too.

Just found out a couple hours ago that a very good friend has lynoid cancer (not sure if I'm spelling "lynoid" right?)

Anyway, I found out through a friend tonight about it and my other friend that has it has not even told me about it yet (just the way he has always been and doent want pity I'm guessing) sure he doesn't want me to treat him any different.

So kind'a want to see what you guys think....Should I be the one to even bring this up to him, or just wait and see what he says to me?

Plus...something like this in the past would have gave me free reign to get drunk in the past, but that's the furthest thing from my mind right now so AA's teaching did help me even though I'm not there lately.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Steve....
As you really don't know if your friend is ill or not
I think it's best to continue to treat him as you
always have.

You could pray for his peace and health too.

Prayers for both of you coming your way.....
Old 09-30-2010, 09:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Carol, that's actually my first thought too. I just didn't want to seem like I was lying to him though by knowing but not talking about it. Kind'a feel in a tough spot, but I'll give it a few more days and see where it goes. (BTW I just found out a few hrs ago, but it sounds like my buddy has known he has it for about 11 days now) ...just didn't make that clear in my first post.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think Carol's nailed it Steve.
Allow your friend the dignity of deciding where when and how to let people know.

D
Old 09-30-2010, 09:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, and Carol. I know this post maybe doesn't quiet belong maybe in the Alcohol forum since it's more of a personal type question. But I appreciate you guys giving your thoughts on this since I don't have a home group or sponsor to talk to about this stuff with right now.

Steve
Old 10-01-2010, 06:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree with everyone. Don't bring it up, that's his call...he's dealing with a lot right now and might not want to deal with people knowing.