Notices

Day 11 and not nice.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I wish I had a family member or a boyfriend or someone to help me through this, this sucks. I get upset when I read about the support others have. And my AA experiences have been dicey. The people are flaky. I'm sick of doing everything alone.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Sleepie,

I can totally relate to what you are going through right now, my PAWS was really severe during weeks 2, 3 and 4. It took alot of strength and commitment to myself to not take that first drink.

Look how far you have come now with 11 days, that is a huge accomplishment, I remember thinking that these PAWS states would never go away but with time they did and I felt tremendously better. You are going to improve.

I also was concerned about the different levels of PAWS but I took it up with my addictions dr. and she said that it is very, very rare to have the degenerative, most people fall into the category of regenerative and the symptoms get less and less the more time sobriety is maintained.

Keep up the great work, you can do this!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I don't know if it's paws. I have a sore spot on my head from pulling my hair out, that's started again
Old 09-28-2010, 10:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi sleepie! I also wished I had someone to help me get sober...or who I wanted to get sober for. I have no one, except my dogs, and I dung go to AA.

I have to do this on my own, whethee I like it or not. I don't have an addiction therapist but I am working with a life coach trying to get my life goin in the right direction, although I'm not sure. What that is. I don't talk to her about my problem with alcohol.

Although having people in your life can be a big help it can also be a big hinderance. If you read closely, having people in your life is no guarantee. For me I had to get Siberia the same way I got drunk...on my own.

Just remember...you are important:-)
Old 09-28-2010, 10:14 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Siberia?
Old 09-28-2010, 10:35 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Maybe she meant "sober"?

The first 30-60 days for me were the toughest. Yes if you look at it like that it seems impossible; take it one hour or one day at a time.

You already figured out to keep as busy as possible.

My prayers are with you because we know that alcohol sure isn't the answer but it is a powerful disease.

Dave
Old 09-28-2010, 10:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had to get sober on my own too Sleepie...but I was always glad for the support here.
Wishing you a peaceful night

D
Old 09-28-2010, 11:04 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

There won't be any sleep tonight but thanks Dee
Old 09-29-2010, 12:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
oak

Sleepie- I hope you feel better very soon. It can be so hard. It will get easier. I just finished day 28 and I have had lots of urges to drink. I think it's starting to get easier. My desire to stay sober is definitely increasing. And I am starting to enjoy doing things.

You got sober for a good reason.

I'm sorry your therapist was unable to call back. I hate feeling unimportant. It hurts. You are important even when you don't feel like it. (((sleepie)))

Be gentle with yourself!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:43 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I ate a lot of ice cream today and I am fat. Food is substituting drink and I am not even saving money on drinks because I spend it all on food because I always have to consume something, I am a nervous nelly.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:53 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
oak

I have been eating lots more ice cream than usual too. I figure ice cream is better than alcohol!

exercising has helped me a lot too.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:08 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
I hate this. I can't concentrate on anything. tried watching a movie. tried to read. went for a walk, rode my bike. And I ate plenty too. I'm drinking tea.
did i miss something? i thought your bike got stolen? did you find it?

right now, paws or not (which i seriously doubt it is anyway) you are experiencing some withdrawal.

this part IS common. it does pass.

however, why are you throwing another roadblock in your path by self diagnosing? it sounds more like an OCD spinoff obsession to me.

you're gonna feel like your on a rollercoaster of emotions for awhile...that's just withdrawal.

it will pass sleepie...hang in there

Old 09-29-2010, 04:47 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Personally, I'd go very easy on sugar. It can shock your system just like the sugar in the beer did.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:48 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Like the above poster said, the first 30 days are TUFF. the next 60 aren't a picnic either, but they are easier than the first 30.
It goes against the things they say you are supposed to do. But I think chocolate helped me sooo many times. I've said it many times. After eating half a chocolate cake,or a chocolate shake, beer, or anything else alcoholic just doesn't sound good.
I think once past 90 days, then worry about diet. But for me, the first few weeks staying sober was my #1 priority, and chocolate made my cravings go away.
The problem is, I still can't stay away from chocolate. But I am less overweight now than when I used to drink.
Hang in there and do whatever it takes to stay sober. Everything else will fall into place.
Fred
Old 09-29-2010, 11:01 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Bulldog I am lucky, a very good friend lent me her bike so I can get to work etc. And I am not self diagnosing. I was just thinking that sometimes when I post people are like "Here's a stickie" so I decided to be smart and just read the stickies since that's what people refer to. Either way, the situation is aggravating. I finally get to see the therapist today. It's a really nice day out today so maybe I will feel a little better later when I'm out. I have been nervous about people making fun of me since those kids harassed me and I stayed in for about two days except to get a few groceries (hence the bike ride). Thank goodness for that loan!
Old 09-29-2010, 11:19 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
I wish I had a family member or a boyfriend or someone to help me through this, this sucks. I get upset when I read about the support others have. And my AA experiences have been dicey. The people are flaky. I'm sick of doing everything alone.
i have a partner but i still feel alone, he dosent support me at all, he dosent understand my 'problem' at all, he never has and he never will, what i'm trying to say is this is a very personal thing, we are all on our own with it, its good to come to SR though, that always makes me feel abit better,
Old 09-29-2010, 12:40 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Well I would prefer a supportive partner, it's not unheard of. Sorry yours is so unsupportive. Maybe you will consider removing them from your life. I had to do that with a few people and so I am left with no company instead of bad company. But then I have been alone most of my life. I don't enjoy it.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:40 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Day 12 sorry if I am posting too much. Saw the therapist and maybe I'll change meds she thinks this one isn't working anymore.