Notices

What motivated u to quit?

Old 10-01-2010, 10:31 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Day 6. No cravings or withdrawals per se. It surprised me how much I think about drinking. I detest Jack Daniels but my taste bud memories were having euphoric recall.

I am still on the antabuse. I had to turm away a frozen dinner with white wine sauce.

I made a virgin vodka tonic and it was tasty and helpful.

Life is still fantastic!
Old 10-02-2010, 09:03 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

There are so many reason that I felt motivated to quit. The final straw for me was going to the hospital for alcohol poisening. Before that though I was tired of going to work hungover, damaging my car, hurting the ones I love, anxiety and the list goes on.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:26 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I think the ant abuse has made me sick today...is there something better?
Old 10-02-2010, 09:42 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please seek medical attention now if you feel ill Bellerophon.

If you feel antabuse is not working for you make an appointment to discuss things with your doctor ASAP to discuss other options.

D
Old 10-03-2010, 07:41 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

what motivated me to quit?

simply put, i was dying and i couldn't let my daughter grow up without her father.

I started making videos of me trying to expalin to her why i couldn't quit and how this wasn't my fault or her fault...that i had a terrible disease...blah blah blah....

bottom lime was i was too much of a pu$$y to man up to my life and face my issues.

God forced me to do that and now my life is amazing. my daughter is my life and my heart. the sun rises and sets with her. i try to live gratitude in every aspect of my life and humbly thank God for saving this pathetic fool and forcing me to grow up and take responsibility of my life and family.

i am truely blessed beyond my own imagination.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:15 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

My DUI was the end of my drinking career....really made me take a good look at my life, and at myself....I didn't like who I was, and how I was behaving..so Jan 25/2010 was the last drink I will hopefully ever have....
Old 10-05-2010, 02:33 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Peace, No More Guilt 9/28/2010

Originally Posted by AlcoholicOrNot View Post
Good Post Overcomer! I knew I had to quit 29 years ago while I was partying away in college. Didn't have the motivation to quit so I kept it up all those years but like yourself, deep down inside I knew I had to stop.

Since stories don't motivate you, I won't tell the numerous ones I have at the tip of my tongue.

For me, I'm looking at the future. I don't want to look back and say to myself, "I wish I would have done things differently." When I'm not working any longer, I want to be able to enjoy each day, mentally and physically to its fullest. Alcohol, quite possibly (and most likely) may take much of my mental and physical capacities away if I kept drinking.

I've realized after only 72 days of abstinence that there's so much more to life than I've been experiencing. Over the last 30 years or so, alcohol has consumed so much of my mental well-being because I had been so caught up each day with: when I'd start drinking, how much I was going to drink, what I'd be drinking...you get the picture.
good one.. I sure can relate to this.. each day wonder what time I would drink and what. consumed by lving with alcohol instead of life.. I retired a year an a half ago.. to only give me a chance to drink and not have to go to work sick the next day.. How sad..

Tomorrow will be one week for me and I don't miss is one bit!!!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 03:46 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by overcomer32 View Post

... I just always find reasons to start up again.
Me to. I am sure I could find a reason to drink today if I looked for one. However, I am no longer looking for one. I stay stopped by staying spiritually fit.

How do I know when I am spiritually fit
? When I have peace of mind and sense of purpose.

What makes me spiritually fit? Being other-centered rather than self-centered.