Notices

Anyone ever have a ... hazy mental hangover?

Old 09-26-2010, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Question Anyone ever have a ... hazy mental hangover?

Hi all, I know dizziness is a part of a hangover as I think I have had almost everyone known to man, all the physical symptoms, *you know like constant vomiting, the INFAMOUS HEADACHE* and such... but I am wondering if everyone ever had something like...

A little harder to talk, sensitivity to sounds you usually hear, not able to do things you are usually more adept at, and like ... writing/reading/talking... finding the right words and saying things incorrectly? This happens whenever I have a huge drinking night, and when I mean huge I mean like a mixture of 5 different beers, and wine. Just wondering if that haziness has occurred with others.

Thanks, check for me all, in the chat!
Old 09-26-2010, 04:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Probably, the severe "mental fog" as I call it? Ive had so many mornings where I have woken up still hammered from the night before, but didnt have what I would consider a "hangover" but it felt different from the normal drunk too. I never know how to explain it though.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not drinking solves all those problems for me.
If it's been some time since your last drink and this is an ongoing problem, or you're worried please see your Dr., P.

D

Last edited by Dee74; 09-26-2010 at 05:05 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 09-26-2010, 04:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
skg

When a drunk has a terrific hangover because he drank heavily yesterday, he cannot live well today. But there is another kind of hangover which we all experience whether we are drinking or not. That is the emotional hangover, the direct result of yesterday's and sometimes today's excesses of negative emotion--anger, fear, jealousy, and the like. If we would live serenely today and tomorrow, we certainly need to eliminate these hangovers. Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, Step 10, pp 45.
Twelve and Twelve Online via AA.ORG
Old 09-26-2010, 05:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Heck yea. I had all them issues sometimes. What else is there to expect from your body after we poison the hell out of it?
Old 09-26-2010, 08:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Alcohol is a neurotoxin. After years of drinking, scans have shown actual brain shrinkage in many individuals- it has been documented and written about. This is in NO WAY medical advice, it is information that is out there in established and reputable science journals. My guess is your brain is telling you it's high time to quit. Again, this is NOT medical advice. it is my humble opinion and nothing more. Best of luck, Paulos. You have been here for some time and I hope you find the strength to do what's best for you.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The last time I "went out" I never had a hangover, but I was not a beer/ wine drinker, it was rum (or scotch or vodka or whiskey) and I was only drinking to maintain my level of "normality" not to get all out drunk.

But, years ago it was Jose Cuervo Gold and Corona's and yes, Sunday was the day to "worship the porcelain Goddess" and eat tortilla chips and hot, hot salsa. Monday it was back to work, just a headache at that point.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I found towards the end of my drinking days...that hangovers were no longer typical aches and pains. I felt so sick and began getting moments of paralysis, trouble walking, thinking....I honestly had to go to the ER and checked out for signs of a stroke.

Stopping made it stop and now I am under the close watch of drs and most everything has gone right back to normal.

Suggest you reach out to a Dr Paulos.

Wish you well.