Notices

Don't think I can go on

Old 09-22-2010, 05:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Ya, way to go Sally. We are all so glad to hear that you didn't drink. As you probably already know, one day at a time is the way to go, just for today. If some how you could just make it back to AA, I'm sure it would help a lot. You already know you can get a lot of support there. Try to do this for yourself. Everything will fall into place in time, time takes time.

Keeping you my thoughts and my prayers.

Take care and God bless.

Harry
Old 09-22-2010, 06:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sally, one moment at a time, let alone one day at a time, is all we can ask. God bless you in your time of need!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Dear Sally, I am thinking so much about you and my heart goes out for you in your great loss. Somewhere on here I came across the saying that 'Nobody wakes up sober in the morning and wishes they'd been drunk the night before' - this hit me right between the eyes, and is one of the things that helps me to 'stick and stay and make it pay'. We are all on our own journey but here on SB we are also never alone. Wishing you strength for the day ahead ...
Old 09-22-2010, 08:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sally, it's amazing to manage to quit for a day. There's a lot of power in that accomplishment and you can draw on it the next day. I didn't start using the site back when I quit, but I did say it outloud to myself and write it down as a way of recognizing myself. I somehow knew I needed to do that. It's my guess that it usually helps people to stand back and observe the fact that you made it through the day and feel it as a big deal.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Hi Sally, I am so sorry about your loss, thank GOD every day for giving you a wonderful man, I know I battle daily with mine due to this A and wish I could say he loved me that much! Wonderful news on your Day 1 some people I know battle for months just to get a Day 1, so now we can see, yes, you have that spark to live and HP wants you to be happy and live your life to the fullest, get out and help others, even if you just encourage others, you willl in turn encourage and help yourself! I'll keep praying for you and your family, your kids need you, Be strong! (((((hugs)))))
Old 09-22-2010, 11:30 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Just wanted to add my prayers and hugs for you. I can't imagine what you're going through (I was married for 14 years, but never had a soul mate).

I do know that medications don't work the same (and some not at all) when we're drinking, so you may find that getting sober will really help lift your spirits a little because the medicine can do its work. It does take time for our bodies/brains to readjust though, so don't give up. When I was drinking, I wanted to lay around all day myself and any smile I had on my face was usually forced. So give it a chance, OK?

Congratulations on a sober day today, by the way. We're here for you.....
Old 09-24-2010, 01:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Smile

.Im a newbie myself and the folks on here seem great,lots of good advice.When I think back my regular drinking started when I lost my dear dadKeep up the good work
Old 09-24-2010, 01:39 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Sally,

I'm so sorry for your loss and congratulations on staying sober yesterday. I just wanted to share that I am also on citalopram, and it took me several weeks on itbefore I felt any differently. So don't give up on it too quickly. And if it doesn't work for you, there are many other non-addictive drugs in the SSRI class that you and your doctor can try. Sometimes it takes some trial and error to find the right mix.

GG
Old 09-24-2010, 08:17 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Sally1009

Hi folks
Good news! I went to an AA meeting last night, my son drove me, and it was GREAT! I met lots of lovely people, took many phone numbers, and feel so much more positive.
Today, got out of bed early for once, cleaned up, did a bit of gardening , and phoned a couple of members.
Maybe it's too soon to go up like a Helium Balloon, but I do feel I may at last have turned a corner.Getting towards the end of 2nd day sober and am so glad I found this site and went to that meeting.
I was so scared, but it was so worth it!
Love
Sally x
Old 09-24-2010, 04:19 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Good girl!! Wow, I am so, SO proud of you! I knew you'd be happier if you tried it, but I didn't think you'd try it so soon.

I'm smiling all over.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:28 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Sally1009

Thanks Lexie,
I'm a bit proud of me too! Got to bed tonight sober. I really thought I woudn't make it after my last binge. But touch wood tomorrow I'll see another sober day.
Love,
Sally xx
Old 09-24-2010, 05:35 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Mega Sally
and one for your son for doing the driving!
My son and AA friends keep me mobile
as I can no longer see to drive.

I am thrilled for you....
Old 09-24-2010, 06:23 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Sally- You story is very heartwrenching. I don't too how much I can add. But I can assure that if you are an alcoholic, it will be very difficult to heal and move forward if you continue to drink. Please find a treatment therapist or recovery program. I am a member of AA and it has brought from seemingly hopeless state of mind. Love in recovery Pinetree
Old 09-24-2010, 07:03 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

YAY!!! I'm rooting for you, Sally!! So proud of you for mustering the courage. Way to go!