Notices

Day 3

Old 09-17-2010, 06:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Day 3 did not go so well. I did not have anything. But

My cravings started to kick in. My mind found all kinds of good idea's way I should smoke some p0t. Something happened that ruined the moment. Then logic took over and I did not do it.

Tonight is going to be hard. The p0t will be easy but not the drinking. My brother who drinks is helping me move and I feel I owe it to him. He does not peer pressure me or anything, I give myself enough peer pressure.

I just don't know how to have fun with him without drinking.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by coffeeclub View Post
Day 3 did not go so well. I did not have anything. But

My cravings started to kick in. My mind found all kinds of good idea's way I should smoke some p0t. Something happened that ruined the moment. Then logic took over and I did not do it.

Tonight is going to be hard. The p0t will be easy but not the drinking. My brother who drinks is helping me move and I feel I owe it to him. He does not peer pressure me or anything, I give myself enough peer pressure.

I understand. I didn't know how to do ANYTHING without drugs or drinks. I discovered that AA isn't a "no drinking" program. It is a design for living program. I needed to learn to really live life rather than continually trying to escape from it.

AA does work better when I don't drink<G>. But it was allowing the process of recovery to change me that has resulted in many years of sober living....happy, joyous and free.

I had to be very patient with myself. This recovery stuff is not some instant cure or silver bullet...it takes time and perseverence. Hope you stick around.

blessings
zenbear
Old 09-17-2010, 08:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey coffeeclub, I'm just a day behind you. Today has been a bit wobbly for me to.

Do hang in there though...
Old 09-17-2010, 08:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
High on Life

If you think being around your brother will be some sort of temptation or put you in an uncomfortable position, then why do it. They say sometimes you have to be selfish, if you want this to work, I'm sure you can find other way to pay him back.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by coffeeclub View Post
That mentality is a show stopper. You'll never quit drinking if you think you cannot have fun otherwise.

Although, I have thought the same way at times. Here's how I got around it.

I thought to myself, "Why do children seem to have nothing but fun?". They obviously don't drink - at least the ones I know. How do they do it?

I started to list all the things kids do to have fun: ride bicycles, play video games, play ball games, hike in the woods, play Air Soft, go to playgrounds, skateboard, frisbee, etc...The list goes on.

Bottom line. Kids are always doing something.

Our problem as adults is we forget about those fun things when we discover alcohol and before you know it, all we do is drink! It's all about where, what, and who we drink with. That's a problem!

You've somehow got to change your psyche and realize, life is much more fun when you do not drink.

If you need help changing your thought processes about having fun and drinking, I know AA can help with that.

I must admit, I haven't approached AA yet...I've changed the way I think about fun and alcohol on my own. I don't know if it will work, but I'm working it.

Thanks for posting and please keep us updated! Good luck with the move.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

For your consideration......
Get on with the move ...then give your brother cash
for his assistance at the end.

He leaves...you get some rest and unpack tomorrow.
Plenty of time for you and your brother to re connect
at a later time when you are mentally stronger..

You are in your initial de tox stage ...drinking and drugging
is simply nothing that will benefit you.