Notices

Frustrated.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Frustrated.

I'm only on day two again and I am so tired, cranky and irritable. I want to go out and buy some beer and relax. I've been distracted and edgy all day. I hate it. Try to read, can't concentrate. Watch a movie, can't concentrate... Walk around, all I can think of is I want to drink so I can relax. I am with friends but my brain just wants alcohol!
Old 09-05-2010, 07:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Can you just go to bed? Try and get some sleep? If you go to sleep now you will wake up on day 3...sometimes thinking like that helped me:-)
Old 09-05-2010, 07:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Sleepie,

You know that every time you drink, you make yourself want to drink again, right? The only way of keeping the cravings away is to not drink.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've found that getting round to the little jobs that I couldn't be bothered doing when drinking has helped. It sounds crazy but cleaning out my store closet and reorganizing my car cleaning equipment helped. Then I made a list of what I need to top up on. Anything to help me not too drink and especially when you can sit back and enjoy or view the fruits of your labour
Old 09-06-2010, 06:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
I'm only on day two again and I am so tired, cranky and irritable. I want to go out and buy some beer and relax. I've been distracted and edgy all day. I hate it. Try to read, can't concentrate. Watch a movie, can't concentrate... Walk around, all I can think of is I want to drink so I can relax. I am with friends but my brain just wants alcohol!
i hear you saying "i'm sick and tired of being sick and tired".

if you don't drink it will pass.

there are weeks at a time where i don't even think about getting drunk anymore. i come here and post because it's automatic, but wanting to get drunk....it's a very distant memory now.

i hope it will be that way for you too someday.

with the exception of a death in the family and a couple of other scary events, this has been the most amazing 9 months of my life. i truely feel incredibly blessed to still be here.

hang in there Sleepie.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

So you want to relax, you know, nothing wrong with that, sleepie. When we quit the booze we feel fck'd up of course. The thing here is of course not to give up on relaxing. There are many ways to relax without alcohol and you're gonna need to accept you're living a different life without booze. Or not. If you change what relaxes you then you'll relax, otherwise it's gonna be torture. Been there and done that, you know. Forget about drinking and think about relaxing.... relaxing... relaxing your emotions. It's not rocket science. I do know its not just the booze too, that is the only challenge facing you. Sorry for your ongoing troubles. Stay with it.

Rob
Old 09-06-2010, 09:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone- I have a friend who is kind of helping me get through the days right now, I am at the home of some good friends but today is going to be SO hard. It's going to be a tough one. I keep drinking sodas and teas and zero water and I don't know what else. I did a MAJOR purge and clean last week... I cleaned and everything for about 7-8 hours. So that's all done. I keep busy with cleaning too. But I always always want to drink. Thanks for reading and sharing compassionate comments. I hope you are all well today.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
oak

sleepie, yes- the constant cravings are hard. I know that feeling of being with friends (or doing whatever) while my brain is so focused on alcohol. I hope the cravings calm down soon.

For me, the longer I go without alcohol, the less the cravings. I'm only on day 6 and the cravings are so much less than a few days ago. I hope that will happen for you too.
More alcohol will most likely trigger more cravings.

I am glad you have a supportive friend with you. That helps. And think how clean your house (or your friend's house) will be!

Keep breathing! It will get easier.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Tired and ticcing. I don't know why the tics are making an appearance? It's aggravating, tiring and embarassing. For anyone not in the know, I have Tourette's not dt's or anything. I want a new brain.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Tired and ticcing. I don't know why the tics are making an appearance? It's aggravating, tiring and embarassing. For anyone not in the know, I have Tourette's not dt's or anything. I want a new brain.
isn't tourette's often aggrivated by anxiety? my buddy has tourette's (mildly) and his is always worse when he's anxious. it would make sense to me that your tics are increasing because your nerves are hightened from the physical anxiety of some mild withdrawal.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks BD, it's a relief that someone here knows someone with TS... That makes sense. And I did not take my anxiety med because it is such a double edged sword. I will probably be back a lot today, I am trying my best to abstain. I had a nice salad and water and a stellar dinner is coming up later- my friends are cooking brisket, which I have never had.