Notices

Blood tests tomorrow.......

Old 08-31-2010, 06:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Blood tests tomorrow.......

Hey all,

I've been here before and have had periods of abstinence but sadly lapsed, badly. Most of the summer has been spent drinking, luckily I managed to reign things in a bit and in the last few weeks started to try and take care of myself, eating better and running again. I've been sober four days now, hardly a major achievement but I've also been pretty unwell. Over the weekend I almost went to the ER as I felt so sore and unwell. I managed to see my Doc today and I've been given some pain relief and antibiotics as he suspects infection too.

I've to return tomorrow for blood work, I'm worried if I'm honest. Although hopeful too that I'm facing up to things again. I do have hope though and I'm looking forward to being sober and I'm going to work at it. Looking forward to no hangovers, and the following;

No checking phone or email records for things I shouldn't have said......

Not worrying that I'll drive to get more alcohol and get a DUI

No fear that I'm running low on alcohol in my fridge or kitchen

Being able to plan my next day or week without it being scheduled around drinking, or worse still missing the next day as I'm sleeping it off

Getting my college work done to the standard I know I'm capable of, instead of submitting poor work because I completed it drunk, or spent less time on it so I could drink

Most of all, knowing that I'll live a lot longer sober than I ever will a drunk.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wonderful post. Thanks for sharing. I'm awaiting blood test results and have a liver biopsy upcoming. It's a special kind of hell. Way to keep strong & sober
Old 08-31-2010, 07:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Everything you mentioned is a great plus of sobriety. Man, who wants to go back to those days?

Best wishes/prayers on your blood work.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back to SR.....

Yes...you too can win over alcohol
Millions of us have done that very thing

All my best
Old 09-03-2010, 08:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, blood tests not too bad, not good but improving

ALT is 153 and Gamma GT 230 so not crazy stuff, They peaked once at 600 and 1000 I believe. Of course if I go back to drinking, they will get worse again! Taking antibiotics and pain relief on the advice of the Doc so will continue with that too.

I'm currently on day six and I have no desire to go back to my path of self destruction, because ultimately, that's what is going to happen.

Hope everyone is doing OK and looking forward to the weekend.