Notices

The media must want people to die...

Old 09-02-2010, 05:28 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Mat

Originally Posted by north View Post
The actual study - all 11 pages - is here. (if you're curious about it and don't want to rely on the interpretation of the thousands of reporters who have provided second-hand analysis & comments).

At least one item in the study that made me both laugh out loud and realize its external insignificance was their working definitions of "moderate" (< 3 drinks/day) and "heavy" (> 3 drinks/day). WTF? The latter sounds like the starting range for my understanding of "moderate" and obviously many of us would rank in some super-category like "extra heavy XXXO".

There are plenty of other studies out there which clearly indicate the health risks of drinking alcohol for people like us.
My sentiments exactly! I was just arguing about this on another forum. They need to either up the limit of what "heavy drinking" is, or create another category(super heavy/alcoholic?) that is more like 5-6+/day for the purposes of these studies. I would guess that people within that range would NOT have a lower mortality rate than abstainers with or without the controls in place for the confounding factors.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:32 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

It just made me laugh!! obviously some of these people arent part of reality!!!