Notices

My day 3

Old 08-25-2010, 10:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My day 3

So here I am at day three,Didn't ever think I would be saying that,since,I didn't have a problem with drinking (HA)
The morning started out ok,didn't have the stomach pains over night and just went through my normal morning routine.
Trouble was,about 11am,out of no where I knew I had to get walking,move,I had lots of nervous energy and had to do something/anything!
I walked around my yard a few times (2acres) and was thinking to myself,I bet the neighbors wonder what Im doing going round and round like a caged animal.
Then since my mail came I went to go get that and decided to walk up and down the street a little,felt like I could have easily walked 10 mile,but was kind of afraid to be too far from my comfort zone for now.
Still drinking lots of water and killed all the Orange juice that was in the house,made myself eat lunch (something I never did before) and figured I would post a little something here,instead of just reading everyone elses.
So sort of a recap,stomach cramps/burning are going away, I would say gone,but I feel like I would jinx myself if I say that. Im keeping my shoes on so when I feel I have to move I can head outside and give the neighbors something to wonder about.
Hope you all are having a good day!
Thanks for reading my random crap for the day...LOL
Old 08-25-2010, 10:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have had that nervous energy too. Between yesterday and today, I've killed 10 miles of walking. You might want to try and burn off that extra energy by walking around your 2 acre yard quite a bit. I know it helped me somewhat sleep last night. I'm going to try another couple miles tonight after my meeting to see if it will help me sleep better.

I'm glad your stomach pains are going away. Hang in there buddy, you can do it. I'm on my third day as well. When I feel like drinking I take my 24 hour sobriety coin out and play with it. It really helps me relax.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Well done to both our newly sober members.....
tofls and Jordan......
Old 08-25-2010, 12:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done to both of you. Keep at it!
Old 08-26-2010, 09:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Tofls,

I am on day 8, and congrats to you!

The whole time I was abusing alcohol I was consciously using it to drown anxiety. The type of anxiety people are on prescription medication for. I was very worried that it would all come crashing down on me again. I've been walking 1.5 miles, morning, noon, and evening and it really tires me out and burns off all that extra energy.

Once you start feeling better, I would highly suggest regular exercise, at least walking!
I've been sleeping 11pm-7am everyday, something I have not been able to do in years!

Good Luck
Old 08-26-2010, 09:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Nice job tof, Jordan and save! Sounds like all of you like to walk!
Old 08-26-2010, 02:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 3 tofls and Jordan

D
Old 08-29-2010, 07:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations to you guys