Notices

God Is a Funny Guy

Old 08-20-2010, 11:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

God Is a Funny Guy

For the longest time I worried about my liver. But I was too scared to go to the doctor and actually ask for a scan. Anyway, not to give TMI, I was having my lady days and there was more pain than usual. I went to the doctor and had an ultrasound and some blood work.

When the bloodwork came back the doctor said everything was fine. I asked if they had done liver tests. The doctor said yes and my liver enzymes were fine. I was satisfied.

But I guess since I had asked about my liver, when the doctor was doing a requisition form for a pelvic scan he asked for an abdominal scan as well. The tech scanned my liver and gall bladder as well.

My liver is fine!!! No cirrhosis!!! I am so relieved. This was not an issue that I had planned to look into until I had some serious sobriety under my belt but here I am. Thank God.

I do have huge fibroids though...... Oh well.

Adopting children is a heck of a lot easier than finding a new liver. So I'm happy.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LifeBlows View Post
For the longest time I worried about my liver. But I was too scared to go to the doctor and actually ask for a scan. Anyway, not to give TMI, I was having my lady days and there was more pain than usual. I went to the doctor and had an ultrasound and some blood work.

When the bloodwork came back the doctor said everything was fine. I asked if they had done liver tests. The doctor said yes and my liver enzymes were fine. I was satisfied.

But I guess since I had asked about my liver, when the doctor was doing a requisition form for a pelvic scan he asked for an abdominal scan as well. The tech scanned my liver and gall bladder as well.

My liver is fine!!! No cirrhosis!!! I am so relieved. This was not an issue that I had planned to look into until I had some serious sobriety under my belt but here I am. Thank God.

I do have huge fibroids though...... Oh well.

Adopting children is a heck of a lot easier than finding a new liver. So I'm happy.
sorry about your fibroids, great news on the liver though!! i'm very happy for you.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad to hear your liver is fine. I had a similar experience after I quit drinking.

I thought of *all* this stuff that could be wrong with me, including cirrhosis of the liver. My pain got more and more severe. Finally, I went to the women's doctor because I was having some other female issues tied to the pain. My wonderful doctor figured out I had severe endometriosis. It explained a lot. I chose to have some surgery because I was in such severe pain. The surgery did take away the option of having children.

I never really got very excited over the idea of having children, so I figured it all worked out fine. <grins>

Again, I'm super glad for your relieving news.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The important thing is to view this as a blessing and not drink. When my liver tests came back fine part of me thought oh great I can drink and be fine. After some serious thought I realized how silly that was to think.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree that God definitely has a sense of humor. There have been times I've stressed over something and decided to give it to God to handle. He often does so with such aplomb that not only is the original reason to stress out alleviated, but He also takes care of something I hadn't even thought of. You got me again, God.

Sorry about the fibroids.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your thread has made my day! I am very happy to hear that your liver is ok and it gives me some hope when I inevitably get my liver test done. Thanks for sharing the news.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What a relief! Good news!
Old 08-21-2010, 02:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

well, if God really has a sense of humor, maybe "he'll" tell you that it's time you changed your screen name....