Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

My life is falling apart... a 2 week bender has come to an end..

Notices

My life is falling apart... a 2 week bender has come to an end..

Old 08-19-2010, 09:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I know you are fairly new, IRTQ. I sincerely hope that you are, indeed, ready to stop for good and all.

I found that being ready to quit didn't do me any good. I was always ready to start feeling better, start having people like me, and stop the negative consequences. But I had to become willing to take the action that I didn't believe would work.

Darn right I'm ready to have this addiction removed. But am I willing to make the sacrifices required?

Originally Posted by ImReadyToQuit View Post
I somehow always seem to lose focus around 1-2 months in..
Maybe this keeps failing because your sobriety is dependent upon your keeping focus? My sobriety is not. My sobriety is the result of a spiritual awakening from the 12 Steps.

Really and truly taking Step 1 means letting go of these notions that you have to keep focus. Step 1 really means that you know you will never keep focus. That keeping focus is doomed to fail.

You said you've tried everything except the 12 Steps. In the next 36 hours, you can have a sponsor and be on your way to your own spiritual awakening that will solve your problem.