Notices

Struggling With Some Concepts

Old 08-21-2010, 02:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by keepcominback View Post

Moral of the story: There's no use in overreacting to the events and circumstances of our everyday lives. Many times what looks like a setback, may actually be a gift in disguise. And when our hearts are in the right place, all events and circumstances are gifts that we can learn valuable lessons from.
Thanks Keep. I have never seen this particular version of this story before. It is actually full of allegories designed to teach the concepts of "wu-wei" and "pu" which are intricate parts of Taoism.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for this thread and the replies. I got a lot from them. Thanks again.

peace
Old 08-21-2010, 02:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
I've seen over the past little while how I should trust that my HP has a plan, will protect me, and can see things that I cannot see. I've also been learning to live one day at a time and stop fretting about the future. I'm learning to say "it is what it is", and starting to know the difference between what I can and cannot change/control.

Where my struggle come to play now is how do dreams, goals, and aspirations fit in with this philosophy?

I'm not exactly a "just sit back and take life as it comes to you" kind of person. If I were, I might still be chasing the escape at the bottom of a bottle. Having my daily goal of not drinking for today is a good one and one I will repeat over and over again for the rest of my life.

But I need to be able to know I am going in some direction, or have something to work towards achieving. Something more than just not drinking.

I'm still just not quite sure about some of these things. I am trying to find the intersection between trusting my HP, living one day at a time, while at the same time being able to achieve something out of my life. Maybe I am seeing things too much in a black and white sort of world, and need to add a grayscale to it?

Just wondering if anyone else has had this same struggle, or dealt with it along the way.
No, I don't just sit back and "Let Life Happen", then I'm not living. I live my life to chase my dreams, aspirations and goals by working for them and living to do the right thing and be the best person I can be for today. God does have plans for us. I know because there have been times I made plans to do something and something else happened in my life to change those plans. Usually it has been something more important to life than what I was going to do. But nothing is going to be served to me on a silver platter.

Anything worth having is worth working for.

Harry