Notices

MagicMan08 Checking In....

Old 08-17-2010, 09:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Helping Others, Helps Me

Red face MagicMan08 Checking In....

Things have been up and down for my lately, but I am in recovery. The last 4 months I have been in a structured environment, albeit a very nice one, in Minnesota. I started with 32 days of intensive outpatient with lodging, and by the grace of god was able to receive charity care to be able to stay 90 days in the halfway house through the same company. I graduate September 8th.

Things are going alright. To those of you whom have been around a while I am sure have read some of my posts, and to those of you who are new. I offer this:

NEVER EVER lie in fear of getting in trouble. Because this will keep you sick. If you are truly an addict, sharing when you relapse and start to drink again with someone/anyone who cares, you will be able to get the help you NEED.

Since I have been in this inpatient/halfway house program, I have experienced my three first hand deaths of people that I knew through this program. This was a first for me, but it really brings to the reality the seriousness of this addiction.

If you fail and relapse, it is never too late to ask for help.

I am now engaged, and moving in with a woman who is in recovery whom I love dearly. (I thought my previous dysfunctional relationship would lead me to that, nope, and it never would have. (she couldn't love me for who I was, she hated the alcoholic) (I called her 2.5 months into my treatment and halfway house, clearly separated) Boy was she surprised, when she back talked me about me wanting to get together and to to the theater to watch a movie together, when I asserted myself and said I found someone who treats me the way I deserve to be treated, and someone who loves to go to movies with me)

Just because we are addicts and alocholics, does NOT mean that we will never find love again. I was stuck in that phase for a long time, and it kept me sick. I believe I have now found my true soulmate, and am a better person because of that. We enjoy AA and live a life of recovery.

I wish the best for all of you in recovery,
Paul J.

Early August 2010-
Old 08-17-2010, 10:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Paul....Well Done....Congratulations!

Blessings to you and your lady
Old 08-17-2010, 12:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow Paul,

What an inspirational post. Thank you for sharing and I love the photo too!
Old 08-17-2010, 01:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Paul and congratulations on your engagement

D
Old 08-18-2010, 04:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good to see you man, and glad to hear you're doing great !!