Notices

Save has been Saved!

Old 08-17-2010, 08:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Save has been Saved!

FINALLY!

After 4 months of calling detox centers dying for a free bed, I finally got one.
I start tomorrow at 10am, and its only a 40 mile drive.

This message is for all the chat room members that have supported me and the forum members that have encouraged me. I live a very lonely life, and I have always found happiness in chat, and its your words that kept me going, and calling each day. Everyone is incredibly friendly, wise, and supportive. Like nothing I have ever seen in my life. I will cherish our conversations forever. I have learned so much from you all. I have a long story, and hopefully it is all history starting tomorrow morning. I have been granted a maximum of 28 days of free care, I will be there for all of them.

For four months, I called 17 detox centers everyday. I finally got a bed, it is unbelievable. I won't lie, I gave up hope for a long time. Almost accepted this life. I really don't know what else to say.

Thank you to all those who pushed and encouraged me to seek treatment.

Talk to you all in 29 days.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Congratulations.....
Old 08-17-2010, 10:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by savexourxship View Post

For four months, I called 17 detox centers everyday. I finally got a bed, it is unbelievable. I won't lie, I gave up hope for a long time. Almost accepted this life. I really don't know what else to say.
Proof, through actions, that you were willing to go to any lengths may have secured your spot!

My experience is that whether I believe I'll get what I want isn't nearly as important as the actions I take...often in spite of what I think will come as a result. Those calls are a FANTASTIC demonstration of faith. THANKS!

--reminds me of Bill W sitting at that phone booth in the Mayflower Hotel calling pastor after pastor...hoping to find another drunk to talk to.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm happy for you that you got a spot. Trust the process of recovery and this too can work for you. God Bless