Notices

No title.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Sleepie,
just wanted to say I care about you. Without you I may not have made it.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks SASA. And everyone. I have few friends, and virtually no family. The times I tried to express any of my feelings I was shamed and yelled at. And it was used as an excuse to keep me from the one relative I have who loves me. I don't think I can handle two weeks without my therapist. I need some consistency in my life and someone reliable- I have never had those things and it makes me so upset when my therapist leaves, she's all I have.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Oh, I do take them for depression, OCD and anxiety. I was feeling queasy because "See ya when I see ya" seems to be the way things are run at the office- but it's the most accessible place right now. I maybe had a little depression because I had no meds for a bit- which makes me feel like a loser junkie with a legal dealer.
i know exactly how you feel. it used to really freak me out having to wait for meds. it's a terribly lonely feeling seeing the prescriptions run out and be left with nothing or not enough to get through the prescribed doses. i hope you get it worked out.

Sleepie, you know i care about you....when you feel down like this i wonder how much of this is actually the OCD, the depression and anxiety or the alcohol withdrawal perpetuating them all at once.

even when i wasn't shaking or going through physical withdrawal, there is a whole other bag of withdrawal that comes with alcoholism. they masked themselves as OCD, depression, panic attacks, constant anxiety and 4 different sleep disorders in my case.
it took WEEKS for them to diminish themselves after i got sober, but mine did.

i'm not saying for a minute that you don't have these aside from the alcoholism but i wonder how bad they would be if you had a few months of sobriety under your belt. Mine are so minor, that medication is no longer necessary for me but i have to work my ass off to keep it that way.

on a side note...i know what it's like to go to AA and get hit on...I'm devistatingly handsome and ....no ...wait...s#it...now i'm lying.. see...i gotta work my ass off to keep myself in check. LOL. :rotfxko

seriously, all kidding aside, if you don't wanna be hit on, just wear a ring or something. most people back off after they see the shiny finger cuff. My wife did that before i met her to keep people from hitting on her. it seemed to work. she used to say that it kept away the predators and made for a good story to real friends.

you ought to give AA another try...maybe another group or something, but whatever you do decide to do, don't isolate...hang out here, play video games, just give your mind some more time to heal.

hugs-
BD
Old 08-14-2010, 04:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

OCD ruled my life before I ever took a drink or a med. It took years to get a proper diagnoses- same for the depression. Thanks though, I am trying to stay busy by reading and watching movies. When I am up to it I will progress further. I have to make it 2 weeks until the therapist. I'm angry at her for leaving again.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Sleepie,

Could you maybe call your therapist's office and see who is covering for her while she's away? I think most therapists arrange for someone to cover in case one of their clients is in crisis while they are gone.

Therapists sometimes have to go away, like anyone else. But there should be someone you can see in the meantime.