Notices

Day 1 in the land of the living.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Think and act now! Do something positive...go out of the house and go shopping, get the mail, pay bills, clean, just distract yourself from the craving, it WILL pass.

(i spent a lot of time at BedBath Beyond)

That show on the Travel Channel sounds good...(i love to scare myself)..The last time I clicked on it, someone was traveling to China and eating Donkey meat.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

BOO! did I scare away your craving?

;-)

Its a beautiful Saturday here, if it is where you are go outside and sit in the sun...that's my advice!
Old 08-14-2010, 06:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome back! I am right here with you....I haven't been in here for about a year.
It's time to make a change....I'm sick of making a fool of myself and getting on my hubby's nerves.
Let's do this together.
Hugs to you,
ADAT
Old 08-14-2010, 07:32 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Why don't you go WITH your newly sober friend to some of his meetings? You already said he's an inspiration to you. You could tag along, see what it's all about. Nothing says you gotta continue with it if it doesn't help you.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

How are you doing today Irish? This morning I woke up just as you described, panic stricken, worried, ashamed. I checked my text messages and unfortunately, I did text people. How embaressing. My husband (we are not marred but have been together for almost 17 years) is in jail. He is innocent and has been fighting his case for while now. Yesterday while I was drunk, I accepted his call and yelled at him and cussed him out. I know he didn't deserve it and didn't need to hear the negativity. He has enough on his mind. I feel so bad. My kids had to see me drunk again and I made them cry when I said I wouldn't be accepting anymore calls from their dad.
It is really hard to admit all this, but I feel I have to in order not to forget. I want to remember how horrible I feel this morning, the next time I feel like drinking.
Do you feel better now Irish?
I hope I feel better tomorrow.