Notices

How much did you drink on average

Old 09-28-2013, 12:05 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

In my first real phaze/years-
I'd stay drunk. I would wake up and continue and change into a different person completely. So I would wake up feeling drunk still from the previous night, in which where I would have a 1.75l of hard liquor, when I awoke I would get up right away and literally walk fast or even run to the next 1.75l and continue to stay drunk until I passed out, wake up continue for days, weeks, or some times months until I was very very sick and required medical attention.

In my second phaze-
I'd drink every day, through out the day and then wait until night to get drunk, then wake up, take a small break and continue drinking all day..some times not getting drunk. Then suddenly I'd bust out on a binge some times, unexpectedly when I needed too much and tolerances had gone too high, so I'd do my old fashion wake up and stay drunk for days/weeks/months things until I needed medical attention, but it wasn't as severe or merely as much as my deeper past.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:24 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

One thing ALL these posts show, is that we were all in a living hell
Old 09-28-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

12 pack of keystone a day ,and about 2- 1.75"S of Jim beam a week

At the end ,But I would also drink steel reserve ,keystone ice ,natural ice .
Old 09-28-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I'm female, and at the end I was drinking 8-9 ice beers a night...including work nights. My days were spent in an exhausted, hangover haze, followed by drinking every night just to go to sleep. Yuck.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:25 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I was drinking a liter, if not more of vodka a night. I'm suffering the consequences for it now.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

20 pint's of lager/beer a day without fail....7 day's a week.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Mine varied from not drinking that particular day to drinking everything in the house. When I really knew that my drinking was going over-the-top was when I would take shots before school and the days I went out with my buddies where I didn't have to drive; the sky was the limit then.

Hangovers were getting pretty brutal for me too. An average hangover would at least last 2 days and still effect me slightly in the 3rd day. I also started getting anxiety when I drove on freeways, which I thought was directly attributed to my drinking, but I'm now 3 1/2 months sober and still got it. When I would have a hangover, I couldn't even drive on the freeways without feeling like I was going to have an anxiety attack.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I drank every day and about 3-5 drinks each time. Id have weekends where id drink more like 5-7 over the whole day(family gatherings or parties. Then again I never measured liquor so in reality it was probably more.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Never started drinking in he morning, but would sometimes drink during the day. I always felt a little self conscious if I started drinking earlier than around 4
Old 09-29-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
~sb

I didn't drink vodka for fear I'd be an alcoholic.

6 pack a night, sometimes more...sometimes with liquor....
Old 09-29-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I am not recovered in the least unfortunately. On bad days i can polish off 3/4th to a whole 1.75 ML bottle of vodka in a 24 hour period (pretty rare now though, i don't let myself buy a big bottle anymore, because i don't know when to stop). To just "maintain" myself feeling normal throughout the day and be 100% functioning; i drink 750ML or an 18 pack of 6% beer over the course of the day. I would say that doesn't really even give me a buzz anymore, just the normal feeling. Yes I have problems :/
Old 09-29-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

On a regular night, I drink about 1.5 bottles of wine for a strong buzz-drunk. Friday or a Saturday, i will openly drink 2 bottles myself and get drunk-drunk. I say "openly" because I will find someway to sneak an extra drink in or two. My husband drinks as well, so he never says anything and think he actually likes me drunk (we get along great, we never argue and have a great time when we are both drinking). But I just don't want him to know I am drinking more than I am.

I have also had days and nights where I have drank much more. Parties or special events with family or my husband are a given, but if my husband is out for the night? That's an extra bottle he won't know about. Working from home today? Thats a daytime bottle, at least. Alone in the office today? That's a lunchtime bottle to grease the creative edges...
Old 09-30-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

2 much , doesn't much matter just 2 much
Old 09-30-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
I didn't drink vodka for fear I'd be an alcoholic.

6 pack a night, sometimes more...sometimes with liquor....
Good thing keepin away from the vodka worked. NOT...... lol

For me, I drink 1 - 5x per week on average. I'd chill out from time to time to "prove" I wasn't an alkie. And no, that didn't work out so well.

My sponsor is my favorite though.....he only drank about 8x per year in his last year or two to prove he wasn't alcoholic....... didn't work too well for him either.

I was amazed to learn that how much and how frequently one drank had nothing to do with whether you're alcoholic according to AA's guidelines. That was new to me, that's for sure.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

It varied, depending on how sneaky I could be at hiding it from the wife. Way to much.Sometimes I would just stay drunk for like 3 days straight...then the following days were literally a living hell recovering.

I "slipped" yesterday. It was my fault but I drank so much and go so drunk, just randomly that I finally have admitted to myself that I am now and FOREVER an alcoholic. No more "well maybe one day" blah blah blah. I cannot drink and function normally. I have a wife and two children who I am hurting by my drinking

I plan on attending my first AA meeting tonight. Scary :/
Old 09-30-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

When I first joined this site, I was all over threads like this. It was like getting the 12 pound weight off my chest by finally admitting just exactly how much I drank and comparing it to others here. A kind of desperately needed confessional I suppose. So no criticism directed anywhere, I fully understand where everyone is coming from.

Now though, 11 months sober, I just know that I drank too much, could never stop once I started, and was consumed by the never ending obsession of organizing my life around my next drink.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

As my drinking progressed, I went from a six pack of beer to a 12 pack then because the beer caused me to get bloated and it took to long to get a buzz, I switched to whiskey which I like then to vodka with mixer then to vodka straight becuz as someone said on another post, you can put it in a water bottle and no one knows and you think they can't smell it. When my husband would find my hidden bottles and dump them I would literally cry because it was so hard to sneak money, the keys, etc. to get another. Like a lot of people, way to much!!! How pathetic is it to cry over spilt vodka!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
International Man of Mystery

College era: 3-6 beers a night.
Post College: 6-8 beers a night
Last year: 10-12 beers a night
This last month after I lost my job: 15-20 a night (usually on an empty stomach)

The sad thing is I've known for years that I'm not a normal drinker. At a point where most people start slowing down I ramped up my drinking every year. This is day 3 sober for me, and I feel good. I don't want to go back to isolating myself in my room to drink so others won't see how far I sunk.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

a bottle of white wine each evening (or most of the bottle)
Old 10-04-2013, 10:21 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

1-2 bottles of wine or half a 750ml bottle of vodka? Who knows. Didn't care at the time. Hid bottles in my studio and would swig off them in secret from the wife after work. Then come downstairs to help make dinner and pour us both a drink making it seem like my first when really it was my fourth or fifth.