Notices

How much did you drink on average

Old 08-12-2010, 10:55 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

WOW!!! I was a real lightweight - You guys could surely drink me under the table! I drank mainly on weekends; usually two bottles of red wine Friday and Saturday night.

Due to work obligations, I kept my drinking in check during the week, maybe one or two glasses of wine per day. However, had I not stopped this surely would have increased over time.

I was a "secretive" drinker and mainly drank alone later at night watching movies in my home theater in the basement. I look back now and I would typically pass out before the movie ended!
Old 08-13-2010, 01:10 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I was a binge drinker for the last 20 years or more, drinking heavily when going out at the weekends and then gradually progressing to drinking during the week too. For the last few years I was drinking a bottle of wine, or more (if I could get away with it!) every 2nd day and a glass here or there at lunchtime and just couldn't draw the line when drinking socially...I was never one of those people who could switch to soft drinks...just kept on drinking to destruction...and buying rounds of drinks for everyone and squandering my money...have been drinking to blackout since my early twenties...everything revolved around drink... I'm over 6 months down the line now and so glad to be out of its evil 'clutches' and am not fixated on when I'm going to drink the next bottle and how I can get away with drinking more...and how I can pace my drinking on social occasions...When the drink is taken out of the equation life becomes clearer and more productive - I'm more sociable and confident now and a lot healthier, happier and humble

Old 08-13-2010, 04:21 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Would lose count over the course of the morning, afternoon and evening
Old 08-13-2010, 09:19 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

While I was 'partying' I couldnt really tell you - but towards the end when id drink at home alone.....

Work days - 2 bottles of wine....on the odd occasion there'd be a glass left in one in the morning.

Days off - I would attempt to take these days slowly in terms of 'getting drunk' often starting on beer then attempting to moderate my mixing of spirits etc. Id almost always end up on the wine though but rarely remember making that decision :S
Old 08-13-2010, 01:15 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Too much. I was always a black out drunk so I really have no idea how much I drank.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:16 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I ended at a 30 pack of beer a day and I drank for a month ....It was my own personal record that I do not intend to break. Considering it almost cost me my life.........Too tall a price and what did it get me...................Zero.............Actually a lot less than zero...........The only good thing was there was no way but up afterwards and I am still feelin that way five weeks sober.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Well. I'm new here so hello everyone

I went for about a week shy of having 10 years sobriety and I picked up again. Alas..we deal with alcohol..cunning, baffling and powerful".

The most I remember drinking in any one sitting was: Three(3) 40 oz. bottles of Budweiser, a bottle of red wine and 3-4 shots of whiskey(spread out over about 3 hours. In short..I think I set a new world record for vomiting.

In the past 9 years of my drinking. I got to a new low about 3 days ago..I averaged about 4 beers a night..so I guess that was 2 Fosters oil cans".

I am NOT trying to come across as more superior..*but* if anyone drank more than I did in my second figure of 4 beers a night for almost a decade..please..please..please post! I ask this because I am worried for my physical health and if you are still alive..I need all the hope I can get. Thank you all.

Blessings,
"scott"
Old 09-26-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

HA! An oldie bump!

Average? How the hell would I know?

ETA: Hopefulclear, I'm suspicious of your stated motive in asking this question, quite honestly.

There's no rule as to what will wreck your health, if drinking causes you life problems on regular occasions you are one of us and should quit.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi HopefulClear

I think it's a common enough question for newcomers to ask - seems to me a lot of us have an innate need to know where we stand, or to quantify our problem.

I drank all day everyday for a period of about 5 years, and binged drank for about 15 years before that, so I'd consider I've drunk at least as much as you.

I had a bad last detox but apart from that I had no lasting health problems - but other people I knew drank far less than I did and died, while others drank more and are still drinking

it's not an exact science at all - there are many many factors to consider besides quanitity/volume.

The best thing you can do is go get yourself checked out - if there's no problems, great - if there is a problem then at least you caught it now rather than later

D
Old 09-26-2013, 11:54 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HopefulClear View Post
Well. I'm new here so hello everyone

I went for about a week shy of having 10 years sobriety and I picked up again. Alas..we deal with alcohol..cunning, baffling and powerful".

The most I remember drinking in any one sitting was: Three(3) 40 oz. bottles of Budweiser, a bottle of red wine and 3-4 shots of whiskey(spread out over about 3 hours. In short..I think I set a new world record for vomiting.

In the past 9 years of my drinking. I got to a new low about 3 days ago..I averaged about 4 beers a night..so I guess that was 2 Fosters oil cans".

I am NOT trying to come across as more superior..*but* if anyone drank more than I did in my second figure of 4 beers a night for almost a decade..please..please..please post! I ask this because I am worried for my physical health and if you are still alive..I need all the hope I can get. Thank you all.

Blessings,
"scott"
If it makes you feel better, I drank more than that on my way home.

But what Dee said is true, there are too many variables. If you are worried about your health, check out a doctor.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I had my consumption rationed down very accurately by the end.

My poison of choice was Vodka, and I would drink the 1.125L Smirnoff bottles. Two bottles would last me three nights. No more, no less. So I guess that is just over 700ml a night. I would buy my vodka in boxes of six at a time which would last me nine evenings, so that I wasn't at the bottle shop all the time. In my head this made me look less like an alcoholic to the staff at the liquor shop.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:42 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

My schedule would look a bit like this:

Monday - 1 bottle of wine
Tuesday - 3 vodka drinks and/or 1/2 - 1 bottle of wine
Wednesday - 3 vodka drinks and/or 1/2 - 1 bottle of wine
Thursday - 3 vodka drinks and/or 1/2 - 1 bottle of wine
Friday - 1.5 - 2 bottles of wine
Saturday - 1.5 - 2 bottles of wine
Sunday - 1.5 - 2 bottles of wine

Absolutely 'sobering' to actually write that out.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Towards the end of my drinking I was drinking usually 2 glasses of wine a night, occasionally a whole bottle on a weekend evening. Before that, when I "discovered" drinking later than most at 25, alone and bored in the evenings, I would drink almost a bottle most nights and sometimes 2 bottles a night on a particularly bad night. Luckily those quantities weren't typical once I got used to drinking I drank less, but still at least a little bit daily.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

20 drinks per day after 5pm on weekdays. Weekends too many to count. I bought all liquor in cases of half gallons. Back my car up to the liquor store and load minimum of 6 cases when each variety was on sale. I bought everything on sale cause the way I drank I couldn't afford to drink in a bar.

The one exception was the Gold Street in San Francisco where they celebrated New Years Eve. every night except New years Eve. I loved to get drunk in that place when business took me to the west coast.

My daughter died on New Years Eve.......How sick was my drinking?
Old 09-27-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

for a long time I drank anywhere from 10-20? Beers 3 or 4 days a week. I blacked out a lot more during this time for some reason. But then it seemed like a bigger problem when I started drinking 4 to 6 beers Sunday through Thursday and then all day and night fri and sat
Old 09-27-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

But I think it's important to say that I know people who drink the same amount who for some reason never obsessed about it like I did. The real issue is the obsession that makes you an alcoholic
Old 09-27-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

i drank a case of beer about 4 days a week on average. a few times i drank a 30 pack and actually considered going across the street to buy more beer because i felt i was losing my buzz. Ive gone to bars after a case of beer in me.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

PhaseTwo - it's definitely the obsession that makes you realize you have a problem. I would venture to guess that there are people who drink far more than I did in the last months of my drinking that are not at all alcoholic. However the fact that I still am obsessing and thinking about it even when not drinking is the issue. It's not always the actual consumption or amount.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Probably a good 10 shots or more, usually more than half a 5th of liquor every day, all done between 6pm and whenever pass out time is. More on weekends. Still trying to quit as we speak.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

At the very miniumum a twelve pack of strong beer/ale day during the week. On the weekends it was minumum a case plus whatever else was around. Back in the day it was two forties of malt liquor and a bottle of whiskey during the week with lord knows how many forties during the weekend.

Before i cut it out, i would do a six pack daily just to keep withdrawal at bay.