Notices

Accident

Old 08-10-2010, 07:48 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

I passed out on the expressway and hit another car (side swiped them...just a little bump) but didn't realize it. About 20 minutes later I was pulled over, ticketed, arrested, etc etc. Nasty judge too.. court ordered AA, MADD meeting, no license for a while, and a bunch of cash. Freaked me RIGHT out.

.......for about 6 months.......

Keep an eye on yourself End. Hopefully this is just a really bad part of your life's story. DUI's come and go. I know they seem like life-ending troubles when you're in them but really.....time will pass and, in the end, it won't be THAT bad.

Take this as a wake-up call. Observe yourself.....study how you drink/drank. Are/were you able to control it? Do/have you find yourself drinking more than you planned to drink? Maybe continue to hang around here, learn about what alcoholism REALLY is and see if it applies to you.

I didn't do any of that after my DUI. I quit drinking for 6, maybe 7 months, then went right back at it. DUI #3 finally caused enough pain that I started to consider that maybe I had a problem but I wish I would have considered it a whole lot earlier. I could have saved myself a whole lotta pain.

this too shall pass, right? You'll get through this....
Old 08-11-2010, 03:50 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
High on Life

Okay, exhausted......can't seem to sleep
Old 08-11-2010, 04:06 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by TheEnd View Post
Okay, exhausted......can't seem to sleep
Well End.... maybe it's time to take along hard look at yourself.

Smokin weed, drinking, accident, ticket and court looming........followed by fear......then getting high. Does it make sense that more of what got you into trouble in the first place "would work" to make you feel better?

I'm not saying you're "bad" for doing it.....I did it too....all the time. I'd run from all my problems via booze or drugs. They became my coping mechanism.

Maybe you have a problem with booze and pot......maybe not.......maybe you have trouble dealing with life on life's terms - like most alcoholics and drug addicts do. Consider that for a while.....sit with it. Figure out where you stand.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:47 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheEnd View Post
...................if I get out of this unscathed I will change my life around for the better
And if you don't?
Old 08-11-2010, 05:00 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
High on Life

Talked to lawyer he called the cop, once they get the toxicology report he will contact him. My lover and friends are all disppointed in me, going to try and relax get some sleep and take my punishement like a man. Atleast no one was hurt, I could have killed someone. And yes I'm going to stay sober.......Thanks for all the support
Old 08-11-2010, 05:06 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Sorry you may have to pay the Piper but happy to hear it is going to help you begin the rest of your life... Sober.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:18 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Just read all your posts and I hear a lot of BS. I feel sorry for your partner and if I were him, I'd run for the hills.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:33 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

There have been a few people close to me who have gotten DUI's, and if this is your second one, there's a small chance of a very short jail time or house arrest. Other possible outcomes include having to attend several weeks of alcohol education classes, probation (which stipulates NO drinking, and they test you for it), and a suspended license for a few months. I think you'd have a much less difficult time if you went through the detox now rather than later. It would suck to have to sneak drinks before court dates and meetings with lawyers or police, and it would suck worse going through withdrawal while dealing with all these things. If you need some type of medication to help calm you down, it's better to go to a doctor and get a legitimate prescription. If you go to a psychiatrist, it would demonstrate that you are actively seeking treatment for your problem. BTW, I don't believe you can legally be fired from your job if you state that you have an alcohol addiction and are willing to go to rehab. I work in the healthcare industry, and have known a few professionals who actually stole benzos on the job and weren't fired--they were sent to rehab and then upon returning had regular drug testing. You should probably consult with your union rep to get the details on what your options are at this point.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:53 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Now that TheEnd has found a lawyer....and I hope is headed
into sobriety......

this thread has served it's purpose.
It's closed.

Member TheEnd may begin a new thread if he wishes
to find support for his recovery....I hope he will.