Notices

Free from the chains

Old 08-09-2010, 06:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Free from the chains

This past weekend my Wife and I decided to take a long drive to various Parks and around the Back Mountain as they call it where I live. When we start to get far up the side of the Mountain on these trips we breathe deeply in and remark at how wonderful and clean the air is up there. The smell of the Pine trees and other vegetation heavily growing around creating that great scent of nature.

I had a moment then where I let my mind go to the old thoughts of drinking and it seemed so far away, so distant from who I could now call myself. A reformed Alcoholic no longer wanting with such fervor and abandon. It felt great to feel free from the "Obligation" I always felt to feed my craving. I would usually be thinking on these trips, "I wonder where the nearest bar is?". Of course, finding a way to tell my wife that I wanted to stop because I was "thirsty".

The decisions within me have become simple, a brief thought of Alcohol and a quick nonchalant dismissal. Gone are the obsessive thoughts that used to plague me. Yes, I still get my moments and probably always will but they seem more manageable now then they did a few months ago.

I hope all of you out there struggling with Alcoholism find the peace that I seem to be finding within myself. Finally...
Old 08-09-2010, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'm so pleased to see your solid progress.....

Blessings to you and your wife
Old 08-09-2010, 07:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Couldn’t have expressed it better! It is like the chains have fallen off!!

"The decisions within me have become simple, a brief thought of Alcohol and a quick nonchalant dismissal. Gone are the obsessive thoughts that used to plague me. Yes, I still get my moments and probably always will but they seem more manageable now than they did a few months ago."

Great attitude. I love it!