Notices

Day 5

Old 08-08-2010, 01:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

So its been 5 days since my last drink and horrific embarasment of that last night. Surprisingly, i'm actually feeling good. I had a big chat to my b.f and hes giving me one last chance. He took my engagement ring off me until i can prove to him he can trust me again. I thought it was bit OTT but who am I to argue, im just thankful i guess. The week coming up is what im worried about, i havent been one week without alcohol for over 8 years or so. My son is my biggest drive right now. I'm doing ok for now.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job!!! But don't worry about this week coming up, just take care of not drinking today, then start new tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job on your five days. Just keep at it. Stay busy if you possibly can. The next week will pass before you know it.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Good job, girl,

One day at a time is how we do it!
Old 08-08-2010, 02:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

if you can train your brain to be happy with a drink you can train your brain to be happy without one. just takes time and a bit of effort. you will be a stronger person in 6 months time and look back amazed at how weak of a person you were. just tell yourself ever morning when you wake up that you wont be drinking today. There will come a time when you wont even have to tell yourself that and will just be thinking about what to have for breakfast. ive been sober for 3 weeks and my worl hasnt fell apart because i havent drank. Its actually got better. Im thinking of things to do now becaused im getting bored. Starting muay thai kick boxing next week. I would never of dreamt of doing that when i was drinking.....and thats only after 3 weeks....in a years time god knows what il be doing...will have a life most likely...stay strong and find your real self...goodluck and keep us posted
Old 08-08-2010, 03:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 5 days, Girl.
You can do this

D
Old 08-08-2010, 03:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Originally Posted by Supercrew View Post
Great job!!! But don't worry about this week coming up, just take care of not drinking today, then start new tomorrow.
There's truth to that. When I quit drinking, graduating from the 30 days and under thread here on SR seemed an impossibility. Now, at 36 days sober, I look forward to graduating from the 90 days and under thread.

I've heard urges described as a bell curve; they come on slowly, increase to a full on urge, then slowly fade away. Breath deep and find something to do when you feel them coming on. They've been getting less frequent and easier to handle for me.

Lots of shoulders here to lean on

Murray
Old 08-08-2010, 11:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Well done.....

I found daily support in AA meetings
I learned how to stay sober there too....

All my best to you and yours
Old 08-09-2010, 07:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Five days is huge...seems like five decades doesn't it! Keep it going one day at a time.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Girl!! Good going!! you are starting your new journey towards a better life! 5 days is a huge accomplishment...just live for today and you will find the days turn into months, then years since your last drink...I'm going on 7 months, last year at this time I wouldn't have EVER thought it possible...from my experience things only get better, your outlook changes, something happens deep inside and the real "you" emerges.....stronger...and more at peace with things...I wish you the very best Girl....heres to you and what is to come!!! xo
Old 08-09-2010, 01:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for the comments guys & girls, it really does help
Day 6 now. Its only morning, and the cravings are starting. First time since I stopped & I really feel like a drink. Usually, if i felt like a drink I would just do it, then it would always without fail turn into a drama-filled night, weekday or not. I explained to my b.f that although he said he does not want to take drinking away from me, i should cut down, and I replied that he knows me by now and that would never happen, so I asked him to help me, to distract me really, to start going away for weekends just us and my lil boy, he agreed. I'm feeling good, things are looking up for once. Its amazing how only 5 days sober makes such a difference. I would probably be sitting here regretting lastnight or the night before, wondering what I done in front of everyone. Im going to distract myself today. Should probably be studying lol. I really aprreciate ALL your comments. I read through them & i feel so much better, like I am finally doing the right thing.