My mind tried to trick me

Old 08-03-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You go girl!!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailrunrbyday View Post
I will get on here a million times tonight if I have to. Please please let me not touch it.
I'm sure every single person on SR will be here for you all night long if they are able. Reach out.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Journal! That's what I was trying to remember and had a brain fart! (Thanks artsoul!) Journal your feelings. Journal what you want to say to him. Journal whenever you feel cravings. Many people here journal on a daily basis. It's great for venting and many times keeps you from saying something to someone before you really figure out what you want to say. Yeah...journal.
Exactly.

Write a letter and never send it, type an email and never press a button, write a journal entry and keep it for yourself...or don't - use any of these media as personal and descriptive outlets for you, whatever the follow-up steps you choose.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Kimberly... I doubt your husband is deliberately trying to sabotage you but it sounds like he might be in a bit of denial about your problem (mine is too.)

I have accepted that at this point in time, the people who are going to support me in this particular area are the people on here, not my husband. But, my husband at least understands enough not to offer me a beer! If yours can't get why that is not a good thing to do, I agree that you might have to have a talk.

Hang in there and remember we are all here for you.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

BLAH..this sucks. He just offered me one and I know this means we have to talk but if I do so right now I will likely not be very nice. I am so angry inside and I am trying to keep it in until he finishes the f***ing box of beer. I drink most when upset(sad, hurt).
Oh h3ll no. I'll tell you all day to let the man have his beer, that your quit is your quit, and that the universe does not revolve around you. But his offering you a beer is just . . . no. Not just no, but heyull no.

Journal tonight if that helps. However, I think you need to speak with him about this matter. When you believe you can refrain from putting his testicles in a vice, talk to him about your strong desire to quit alcohol. Tell him this is something you seriously want for yourself. Tell him you'd appreciate him not offering you any more beer because it's hard to resist. Stand up for yourself.

There's a big difference between "live and let live" and "you silly girl."

Originally Posted by soberbythesea
But, my husband at least understands enough not to offer me a beer!
Same here. My husband would never have the temerity to offer me an alcoholic beverage. Besides suffering the wrath of lildawg, he's probably afraid I'd get drunk and accidentally burn down the house. Then, there I'd be, standing on top of the ashes, blunt in one hand and scotch in the other. I'd say, "Dude, I couldn't get the lighter to work so I could light my blunt, and, then . . . "

I am so sorry you're going through this stress on your second day. Keep at it. It really is worth it.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech.
The brakes came on.
Wow. My mind is full of poisonous thoughts....but boy, are they sneaky!
It is like having a drug dealer in your head sometimes. And yes he is a clever little SOB. I can't tell you how many times I found myself in the neighborhood of the liquor store, with just enough cash and time to do something stupid. I am just not that organized a person, heck I've been looking for my cell phone for two days.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

For me, having someone else's beer sitting there in the fridge nearly always contributed to me continuing drinking.
I'd suggest that you get it out of there. If your husband wants to drink, perhaps suggest that he keep the alcohol hidden from you.