Notices

I Didn't Expect This.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
part time member

I Didn't Expect This.

Ok it has been almost 10 months...yes 10 months. Spent this last weekend camping with the immediate family and more. 11 at our camp and others coming and going.

I had a nice time and I noticed that most of them do not get hammered (as I always did). What I did notice is that Mr. LTT drinks more than I thought he did and when he says or does something stupid everyone tells me that I did much worse blah...blah.

Is this what I have to learn to live with? All the times that I was stupid are going to come back and bite me? He had to go take a nap on the 4th of July and everyone compared it to me. I don't like this but I am afraid that I am not going to be able to stop it. Perhaps that is why Mr LTT would like me to drink because it would take the focus off of him? Hmmm?
Old 07-27-2010, 10:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go on thee 10 months!! I used to hear it all the time about people comparing me to some other drunk's bad behavior. Taking a nap I was never accused of when drunk. I think most people wished I was taking a nap when I drank. The point is I heard it enough and then finally found the nerve to tell the reporting party that I no longer drank and their opinions offended me. It goes away after awhile or I quit hearing it, one or the other. Shame of my past, and that's what it was, worked out for me when I did the steps cause I belong to AA. Again, congrats on 10 months. God Bless
Old 07-27-2010, 10:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 10 months!

You shouldn't have to live with your family or friends saying things like that. It is disrespectful and you need to call them on it.

Don't need to be nasty or anything. Just say something polite, like "gosh, I have worked so hard for my sobriety and it hurts to hear you all repeating all my antics all the time. I wish you would stop." The past is the past and should stay in the past. Full stop!

After trying nicely, if it doesn't work there is always the "f" word.... but that would be me... You don't need to go there. I am sure your family will be totally understanding once you let them know how much these comments hurt you.

I think you are right about Mr. Ltt.... a little sobriety wouldn't hurt him.

Good luck!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

10 months? Wow!....

When people try to put me down....I find it best to
..."Your right"...and walk away.

Why your husband wants you to drink?

Pherhaps he does want his drinking buddy back
or
It makes him feel "less than" to see you win over alcohol
or