Notices

No AA!

Old 07-13-2010, 07:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jewels83 View Post
It will probably get me kicked off the site. But really people, AA is a cult. I know you don't see it, since you're already involved, but it is!! I will get sober with my friends in real life, my own selfworth and the god I believe in. Not a cult. Good luck to you all.
Good luck with that Jewels. Let us know how that works for you.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WakeUp View Post
AA is not a cult, but...they never did tell me how to get the goats blood out of my white robes.
Me either, and I decided to just not ask whats up with the weapons cache/tear gas masks I kept seeing in the storage closet.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yea, and uh, what's with that vat of kool-aid next to the coffee pot?
Old 07-13-2010, 09:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

AA isn't my thing either...

It will probably get me kicked off the site. But really people, AA is a cult. I know you don't see it, since you're already involved, but it is!! I will get sober with my friends in real life, my own selfworth and the god I believe in. Not a cult. Good luck to you all.

...but I can't see any reason to trash something that's working for some people. Do you enjoy being a troll?
Old 07-13-2010, 10:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good luck,, often what we believed yesterday isn't true today...
Old 07-13-2010, 10:24 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Wink

Lol, I have said worse things about AA and I consider it the greatest thing that has ever happened in my life, since AA saved my life.

If you ever need AA Jewels83 it will be there for you....

Good luck :-)
Old 07-13-2010, 06:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I truly apologize. I was drinking when I posted this thread. I didn't mean anything I wrote. I'm so embarrassed. I woke up this morning and logged in, and saw what I posted. I barely remember it.

I'm a lost person. A sad, depressed, lonely person. I'm almost 27 and I can't stop the drinking. I'm self-destructive. I push people away.

I'm an alcoholic. I hate myself for that.

I'm very sorry if I upset anyone. I won't do it again. And once again, I'm truly sorry.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:56 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I had a feeling you were probably drinking when you posted that. I went back and looked at some of your earlier posts and you didn't seem to be in any way argumentative. What are your plans regarding quitting drinking and learning to live a sober life?
Old 07-13-2010, 07:00 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

I truly apologize. I was drinking when I posted this thread. I didn't mean anything I wrote. I'm so embarrassed. I woke up this morning and logged in, and saw what I posted. I barely remember it.

I'm a lost person. A sad, depressed, lonely person. I'm almost 27 and I can't stop the drinking. I'm self-destructive. I push people away.

I'm an alcoholic. I hate myself for that.

I'm very sorry if I upset anyone. I won't do it again. And once again, I'm truly sorry.
I thought as much, thats why I hadnt responded before this. Its ok, maybe just dont post when you are drinking. Dont hate yourself, I hope you get well soon. We all make mistakes.
JJ
Old 07-13-2010, 07:07 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Well, I respect your honesty very much... There is a place for you here. Even at AA if you want it!

Mark
Old 07-13-2010, 07:18 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

You could argue that any social institution or group has cultish elements and you would be right. It's like anything else you get out of it what you put into it. Some drunk threw together a bunch a stuff based on the Oxford group's attempt to cure the ennui of the idle rich to help drunks get sober. It has worked for many. By the way numerous cult watchdog groups have checked AA and found nothing to worry about. I'm more worried about John Travolta kidnapping me and flying me on his jet to meet Aliens.

"I truly apologize. I was drinking when I posted this thread. I didn't mean anything I wrote. I'm so embarrassed. I woke up this morning and logged in, and saw what I posted. I barely remember it. "

No worries we've all been there.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:23 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thank you for letting us know......
No need to be embarrassed...we understand the difficulties
of trying to find recovery.

I'm pleased you returned.

Actually....it was great to see our non AA members
share their positive thoughts on AA.
Thanks y'all.....

Time to let this thread go....it's closed.