Notices

So sorry.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

bagger,

I promise you the joy is in you! I never thought I could be joyful and at peace. I had to get real honest with myself. The Alcoholic Voice lies to us. We can get better. I'm proof of that.

Don't give up. It really is a one day at a time deal. I've had a rough few days but during those life situations, I was able to be grateful! Try writing out a gratitude list daily. There's way more good in our lives than the alcoholic voice wants us to see.

Stick around. I see miracles every day at SR. We may have different paths but we are always moving forward as long as we keep doing the next right thing!

We are here for you. We understand. You can be honest with yourself and with us. Believe me, one of the gifts I have in recovery is having lost that judgmental mind set.

We are making progress, we just have to take the time to see it!

Hang in there. It really does get better. Like I said, I now have the ability to know joy! You can too.

Love,

Lenina
Old 07-04-2010, 06:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

me too

I can relate to Sleepie and others; the reason I really haven't posted much since I joined the forum is because I haven't stopped drinking. Like Bella89, I want to quit, but yet I don't want to quit, definitely an inner battle going on in me right now, and when 5:00 rolls around the alcohol craving side always wins.

Like many others, I have tried AA but, for various reasons, it is not for me. I am going to start posting more and using this forum for support.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm not done yet either, but I'm still coming 'round SR. It seems that all sober people had a fairly long period of trying, and struggling. SR is for everyone, I hope. People trying, and people who have had some lights go on. Or maybe there's no light? I don't know.

I'm continuing to keep contact with the sobriety community, because I'm still trying even though I'm drinking.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:02 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Yeah guys, dont sweat it about the drinking. Forget it. Its not the alcohol that makes the difference when we get sober anyways, its all about changing our ourselves and our lives into living sober day after day, not because we can just quit drinking, but because alcoholics will die drunk if they dont live sober. It does not have to happen, you know.

I was soooo friggin' messed up when i finally quit for good. I talked about it for years though before i finally stopped all the drinking and now I've been sober for like almost 29 years [this July] and no relapses. So yeah, i would never never have sobered up if i had to quit drinking altogether and from there only then talk about my reasons for drinking and wanting to drink and wanting to be sober. I would be dead i'm sure by now, you know. Dead and gone.

The thing is, as alcoholics we all reach that time when talking is just not enough and doing is what is required so we stop drinking. And then some of us relapse. So what. Get it going again. And again. It will work. It does work. It does.

So post as often as you want and need drinking or not drinking. And for those who may wonder or give you a hard time just know this guys: so what if the naysayers dont have all the love and patience they could [not should] have for fellow struggling members. It just means they are hurting themselves, you know. Post and share! Stay with it!

Cheers!

warmly,
Robby
Old 07-05-2010, 06:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
This is hard for me to say... But I think I'm really not done drinking. I'm not planning to go on a bender, but I am going to try and stay off the site for awhile until I get it together, and get a couple of weeks of sobriety somehow. I don't know when that will be- but soon, I hope. I think I'm just irritate people here, and I really don't mean to do that. I am so, so sorry for causing concern and aggravation. I'm a drunk, and I'm sorry. I'm just not ready. My only fear is that this post will irritate or worry people- I promise I will be safe, and I won't mix things with alcohol- I made that promise to Bulldog. Please don't be too angry, I really am sorry.
How sad...
This addiction holds you. You are in a prison and the key to the door is inside the cell.
Best to you.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I hope and pray that you'll begin to have the clarity to see the absurdity in the perpetuating circle of drunkenness. You are not irritating and I don't believe you are a drunk, although you may act like one. You are special, you are going to learn more about yourself on this path. Not being ready to quit is not a sin.

To quote Robby Robot: The thing is, as alcoholics we all reach that time when talking is just not enough and doing is what is required so we stop drinking.

true words of wisdom.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:45 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

In all honesty, you do irritate me sleepie... because I am still too new to recovery and I want to believe that just posting here and reading here will make it. Because I want to believe that, although I have not reached 'bottom' and feel like drinking more, I will still make it.

It irritates me because it reminds me I have decided hundreds of times to stop it and have slipped the same hundreds of times. There is no guarantee it will not happen again and you remind me this. You also remind me that I am so selfish that I read your posts, I can empathise with everything and still... I think more of myself and what it means to me than what it means to you. So I am sorry too.

I guess my point is you will only irritate people who are thinking more of themselves than about you and where you are at right now. So, you shouldn't care less since this is ab out you. I hope this post does not bother you either.

I really hope I will be a better person soon and you will find your own way to quit this madness we are all in. I have learned a lot from you, I like your posts, and I hope you will keep posting or you will be back... I also hope I will be here to see it.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:23 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

In my experience and other friends that have sobriety now you won't stop until you are ready...it's good that you have started questioning your drinking and come here and to AA for answers, probably not the answers you want at the moment but in the future maybe it will all make more sense:-)
Old 07-05-2010, 07:44 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi- "Happy 4th" and all.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:51 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Well....actually ...I think it's July 5th
in your geographical location
but
I won't wish you a Happy 5th.....

Thanks for checking in
Old 07-05-2010, 07:58 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Yes, I am aware it's a day late, thank you. Where I'm located there are ongoing fireworks, for at least 2 more weeks- logistics, I know but also I was out of town most of yesterday thanks.