Notices

Sober means SOBER

Old 07-01-2010, 11:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Obviously he's not spiritually fit
You know I wasn't going to reply to this but this statement is something I can't just sit by and not reply to. First of all I really don't think you have the right to judge someone that you do not know and only know from a few posts on a internet website as to if they are fit spiritually. So I will thank you not to tell me about my own spirituality.

Secondly I never said I was flat out "angry" about it. But if someone that knows I am in my first yr of recovery tells me they are sober and wants to spend time with me and then in fact aren't sober and still using then to me that is disrespectful towards me on his part.

Far as not leaving the game....I didn't drive for one thing someone else did, plus as I said I wasn't boiling mad I was just a bit amazed at how he said one thing and did another. And I didn't stick around for his other beers after the game. My other buddy that went to the game with us gave him a ride home and said he had to make a stop at the party store before he even got him home.

Far as your questioning my being spirituality fit I am very happy in my beliefs, happy with my place in my sobriety, and happy with the person that I have become and that is all that matters to me.

I'm not upset by your comments, but you certainly did make a lot of assumptions for someone that is so "neutral".

Steve
Old 07-02-2010, 12:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
OSSSU!

I totally agree that your friend was disrespectful to you...In my way of thinking (which probably isn't the healthiest) I would without question, think this was a trap set for me.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
You know I wasn't going to reply to this but this statement is something I can't just sit by and not reply to. First of all I really don't think you have the right to judge someone that you do not know and only know from a few posts on a internet website as to if they are fit spiritually. So I will thank you not to tell me about my own spirituality.
You're right. It was wrong of me to say that. It's not my call to make. I don't even know that you're in AA, and this is not an AA forum, so it was also wrong of me to discuss your situation in AA terminology. I'm happy to hear you are happy where you're at. I sincerely apologize and wish you the best in your sobriety.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

In early sobriety anyone I saw drinking must be an alcoholic, they just didnt know it. But being as wise as I was I knew "The Truth" I felt pity, anger, and disdain for anyone who drank. Millions of people drink. The truth is that I am just not that special. And heres a newsflash, I heard that at sporting events they serve alcohol. The only sobriety I am to be concerned with is mine.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I don't know if this entirely fits into this thread ... but I am in the midst of a breakup with my A fiance and it makes me sick to my stomach that he holds highest regard for his friends and family when all they do is insult him (indirectly). Just months out of rehab his friends invite him all the time to their homes for parties and holidays and all kinds of events that every single one of them drink at. His parents even had alcohol at their house on Christmas, WEEKS after he left rehab. He would get mad at me for not wanting to go - and yet it was because I was INSULTED that these people just don't get it. Guess what, I lost they win because he has done nothing to make things good with ME - who totally lives a life away from drugs and alcohol and was his only fighting support - and is back spending time with the people he moved to another city to get away from years ago for this same reason. I have been away from him for 4 weeks and no contact for 9 days so I have no clue what he is up to ... but it doesn't look good.
Surround yourself with people who have respect for what you are trying to accomplish, support you and respect your needs.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

In early sobriety anyone I saw drinking must be an alcoholic, they just didnt know it. But being as wise as I was I knew "The Truth" I felt pity, anger, and disdain for anyone who drank. Millions of people drink. The truth is that I am just not that special. And heres a newsflash, I heard that at sporting events they serve alcohol. The only sobriety I am to be concerned with is mine.
Let me explain this for the last time....

I am not concerned with HIS sobriety, the only reason I mentioned it was because he has told me he was sober and he obviously is not (and yes he has been a self admitted alcoholic for many years). But he told me he did not drink anymore so that was the whole reason I decided to spend some time at a game with him.

I could care less if people drink. They want to drink then more power to them it doesn't affect me, I don't think that just because someone drinks that it makes them an alcoholic. What DOES rub me the wrong way though is when someone that knows I am in recovery, and he himself knows he's an alcoholic but tells me he doesn't drink anymore and then turns around and does the exact opposite of what he said right to my face, then yes that does give me the right to talk about it.

People really need to stop reading in things to what someone says that just aren't there!

Steve
Old 07-02-2010, 06:45 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I think I used quite a few I's in my post. Just sayin...
Old 07-02-2010, 07:06 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

And I understand that, but I'm not dense in the least bit so I also understand the implied innuendo as well.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
And I understand that, but I'm not dense in the least bit so I also understand the implied innuendo as well.
I am for the most part brutally honest. You give me far too much credit....
Old 07-02-2010, 08:14 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
OSSSU!

DayWalker's friend is not a nice person.

-the end
Old 07-02-2010, 08:45 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

What DOES rub me the wrong way though is when someone that knows I am in recovery, and he himself knows he's an alcoholic but tells me he doesn't drink anymore and then turns around and does the exact opposite of what he said right to my face, then yes that does give me the right to talk about it.
I dunno about you Steve, but I have mates who 'don't drink anymore' meaning they gave up spirits for beer, y'know?

Denial runs deep...I know it did with me.

At least now you know what the parameters are with this guy...and you made it out ok...say thanks to the Big Guy, and move on

D