Notices

Made it four months and then...

Old 06-27-2010, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it four months and then...

Got passed over at work for a promotion a few months ago and started drinking again. Got really drunk at a colleagues going away happy hour. My last beer was at 9:00 pm Friday night. I felt pretty crappy all day yesterday....felt much better today...until I ate something and now feel all hung over again. I hope I can try this again and succeed. I was very proud of my 4 months but the work thing brought me down...it was very unexpected. I know Im rambling but typing this is helping to releive the anxiety I started feeling after I had something to eat.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, you did it for 4 months, and you can be proud of that, imo. Build on it by coming back to sobriety. Committment can calm you down.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wouldn't beat myself up..You did 4 months and now you remember why you stopped in the first place. So put it behind you, it's not the end of the world, just a night. Your back. So kudos to you!

XO-Beth
Old 06-27-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've actually been drinking the las few months...but this passed Friday was scary bad for me...so I can do it again...and I will.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Did going back to drinking change their mind and get you the promotion after all? Nope.

No need to tell you that going back to drinking didn't help you with anything I'm sure you already know that. You went four months without drinking so you know you can do it again. Just make sure this time you have some sort of plan. Whether its AA, a sponsor, Counselor or whatever you find works for you. Make sure that you have something that keeps you on the right path because there will be other times things will get you down and you will think about turning back again so next time you will be prepared.

Glad you decided to give it another go and come back here.

Steve
Old 06-27-2010, 02:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back.....
Old 06-27-2010, 03:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That four months is still there, just move on and don't look back. I hear you on the job front- I came a hair away from getting a job I really wanted and had a big relapse. I'm only on day four now. Maybe you could give yourself a little treat- do something that makes you feel good, maybe eat something decadent? I hope you stay sober and another opportunity arises soon
Old 06-27-2010, 03:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back coolmel

D