Notices

Sad.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sad.

I'm really sad today and it's Sunday so I can't call my counselor. I couldn't sleep until 4 this morning. I'm crying as I write this. It really hurts.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

emotions run rampant early on. one minute i was sad, then angry, then afraid, then melancholy (i hated that one). i was up and down like a dam rollercoaster.

early on in sobriety, i insisted on being silly. it sounds dumb, but it works. it really helps to break the tension and gets me outside of my head when i would get focused into one emotion.

do something fun.

go play out in the rain...stomp in puddles, run around the house like a wild monkey...make silly faces, make fart noises on your arm....do something to make yourself laugh. it will help. laughter really does heal. it's medically proven.

hope you feel better sleepy. give me a hollar if you need an ear.

Be well.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well I ventured out for an iced coffee and forgot today was the gay pride parade. Boys Town is just a few blocks down the way and the parade must have just ended so everyone is coming through the neighborhood to bar hop, and I got to see some very embellished and decorated and underclothed people. There was one big guy wearing red undies and knee high boots shaking his booty in front of the ghetto McDonald's here, haha! I wish they'd all stay and this neighborhood would be friendlier
Old 06-27-2010, 02:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I, too, and super sad and gloomy today (day 2). And I am sooooooooo tired!!!!!!!!! All I want to do it sleep. I forced myself to go out for a walk and my family got us a new yellow lab puppy that has honestly brought me so much joy.

Go buy a puppy - whatever you do - we don't need that damn drink. That's what got us feeling this way in the first place.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fakesmiles View Post
I, too, and super sad and gloomy today (day 2). And I am sooooooooo tired!!!!!!!!! All I want to do it sleep. I forced myself to go out for a walk and my family got us a new yellow lab puppy that has honestly brought me so much joy.

Go buy a puppy - whatever you do - we don't need that damn drink. That's what got us feeling this way in the first place.
i have alot of pets. they rock and are very therapeutic. i went out and got 3 exotic goldfish and i love watching them. it really calms me down when i'm having a blue day.

good idea.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I want a cat SO badly! But my roomie is allergic and I can't have a dog either because financially I can barely support myself right now! My roomie would not allow it anyway- and it would be a little more responsibility than I want, too. I have had in the past: cats, a hedgehog, a degu and several dwarf hamsters. I love animals, and I have been thinking of getting a dwarf hamster again but I really really want a cat! SO I'm waiting and hoping I find a job, and can move out and get a cat.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are funny. Go to the pet store and just hold some cats for awhile! My daughter goes to her friend's house that has a cat to get her fix on them because we have cat allergies at our house, too.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I like your handle, FS. I actually volunteer from time to time at a no kill, cage free cat shelter from time to time. It's great! It's a 3 story house with designated rooms for all kinds of cats- kittens, adults, special needs, dietary restrictions, and the FIV room is on the top floor (I think of them as retired boxers because most cats get FIV from fighting- they're the big male cats- my big cuddle muffins- now they're happy to sleep and lounge since they're off the street!) Maybe I'll go in tomorrow for some quality time.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me and doing well, but so excited to see you and FS getting out. That is what I have been doing and it soooo helps.

I had to put my dog to sleep a couple of months ago and am already planning on getting a new puppy soon because she brought me so much joy. I need to make sure I have all the walking, finances, etc. taken care of first though.

In the meantime, my sister has 3 huge dogs, 2 cats and a kitten so I spent several hours at her house yesterday to get my fix.

My friend also has a puppy she was going to bring over today, but plans changed so I went to take my nephew swimming for awhile to get out.

I am changing my routine and it is helping.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Mel. I'm sorry about your dog But I'm glad you are here and changing your routine.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am so sorry about your dog, Mel. Our older lab is 10 years old and I know when we lost her, it will be a sad day. Just think about how blessed you were to have her. The older lab puts up with this puppy and lets her snuggle in like it's her own. Animals are just amazing. You'd think she'd be mad as hell, this new thing coming into her territory. I just sit and watch them and smile.
If I was drinkin - I would not even notice.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Mel
Welcome. Dogs RULE. I have a couple large dogs. They run my house, I am only here for their entertainment.
Sobriety is better than any alternative I have ever known. Believe me, I tried many. The best part for me is that I simply feel good. I could make more money,I could drive a nicer car (to say the least) but its all horseshit. None of that means anything if I feel crappy. Life is pretty good today and it not by accident. I have to participate.
May god bless you and your family
If you are new,put a seatbelt on. You are in for the ride of your life
Convinced
Old 06-27-2010, 09:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Breaking news: 2 shot on Uptown street

I don't make this stuff up folks... 2 blocks from my place, and not infrequent. A bit of the reason I am seeking and wanting a job so badly- safety and a cat, not too much to ask for? And... I did not drink, although in the past I did use local shootings as an excuse to "numb out". But not tonight, what's a little shooting? Drinking won't make me safer.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sleepie, you might think about carrying some kind of protection with you....mace, or whatever is legal. you can call your local police department or state police office to find out what's legal and take the proper measures.

my wife sometimes works in the city, and that can be very scary.
i insist that my wife carries a legal form of protection wherever she goes. about 7 years ago, she actually had to mace a guy who grabbed her on the subway. she made the local news that night. thankfully, she was unharmed, but scary nonetheless.

be safe
Old 06-28-2010, 09:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I wonder about that, BD. See most people here have guns, and everyone always says that if I have something it will just be taken and used against me. I was thinking about maybe taking some self protection classes or something? But most people here, they just point a gun at you.