Notices

Day one, day one.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I think your perceptions are the problem here. And thanks, I will congratulate myself on one more day.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Anyway, Freedom- I go to a women's AA meeting and I have a sponsor. I'm hoping she calls today. Last we spoke she said it had been awhile since she had sponsored anyone and she needs to get back into the swing of calling people back, and being a reliable sponsor.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Sometimes the help we need isn't the help we want. If our own self-knowledge, decision making abilities, and beliefs about "what we need" in life worked (or were sufficient)..... I'd hypothesize none of us would be here.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Anyway, again- thank goodness for an intelligent and compassionate addictions counselor. She gets it. And she's effective. I've still had more sober time in the past year than ever before, and it's only going to get better- with or without you.

Peace.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Anyway, Freedom- I go to a women's AA meeting and I have a sponsor. I'm hoping she calls today. Last we spoke she said it had been awhile since she had sponsored anyone and she needs to get back into the swing of calling people back, and being a reliable sponsor.
That's great you have a sponsor! Maybe you could give her a call yourself?

I call my sponsor a lot. As a matter of fact, we had a pretty lengthy phone conversation last night because I got my knickers all twisted up over my youngest daughter, and I decided to call my sponsor.

Believe it or not, you help your sponsor too.

I know my sponsees have helped me tremendously.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:02 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

Call your sponsor... don't wait for her to call you is my advice.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Ah- What I meant was, I hope she calls back.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:11 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sleepie,

I was thrilled to see you back on the June group. I think everyone on here wants to give you support, but also they see the self-destructive road you were going on and part of that road seemed to be the angry, blaming posts you are sending out here. Toronto sent you some really good advice - constructive stuff that you might want to take to heart. It may not be easy hearing things like that, but people on here are taking their time to reply and giving it a great deal of thought. They do care about you, but know that coddling you right now is probably not what will help you. I am one of those that you mentioned who has harmed someone while having alcohol in my system. I knew posting that opened me up to responses I might not like. But, I was ready to hear what anyone had to say. I needed to hear it. One of my favorite responses I got started with "You are an idiot.." it went on to say that I was an idiot to keep hurting myself the way I was. I needed to hear that. I fear relapsing - but I know if I come on here and post it I will hear things that I NEED to hear from people who have been through it. I hope you keep posting and that you can try to see the love and concern beneath all of the messages you are getting. I think you have been on everyone's mind a lot this week and we are rooting for you.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:03 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Okay kids- last word on this. Please forgive me if I've had my claws out, so to speak. No, I don't like some of your responses- however as it was pointed out we are addicts, not drug counselors. Obviously, I'm not quite myself after a couple of weeks of drinking and topping it off with sleeping pills. So I'll take a step back. Namaste.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:06 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

From our rules of conduct

4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and donít belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.

Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.
I've removed several posts of a personal nature. We all know what I mean by that.

I understand frustration with relapse. I understand it from both sides....but personal posts are not an acceptable or effective way to deal with said frustration.

Lets not get this thread closed.
D
Old 06-25-2010, 07:04 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Namaste.
Namaste sleepie! I agree there is a thin line between 'tough love' and comments that are plain uncalled for. Relapse for me is a part of early recovery and i don't think anyone would be any different in that respect. Some people can't see the forest for the trees. I guess that's just part of life!
Old 06-25-2010, 08:27 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I also removed post from this thread that were in
violation of our SR posting rules.

Thanks Dee.....for adding the correct guideline
I appreciate your assistance ...

We are all here for the same reason....to find recovery
and to support each other.

Thanks everyone for your participation on SR
Let's all get back to our reason for being here.