Notices

Back on track

Old 06-14-2010, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Back on track

So, I hit it pretty hard this weekend after achieving ten days of sobriety from alcohol- I learned I did not get a job I was told I was a sure in for, and that I wanted really badly. I proceeded to drink for a few days. Today is my day one, again. After attending a women's meeting tonight, I finally found a sponsor! This makes me very happy, as I know that with just a little bit of back up, I can go far. We are meeting up for coffee tomorrow before heading off to another women's meeting, I am finally starting to feel like I'm making some connections. My temporary sponsor was dropping the ball- she has a lot going on and I will definitely stay in touch. I know she meant well but maybe isn't prepared for sponsorship yet- I don't take it personally and I am thankful for her part in my road to sobriety. Overall, I'm feeling pretty hopeful. Walking home from the meeting, I thought, "I could really use a hair of the dog... hey- there's a pub right here along the way! Besides, I have a sponsor now, so I can start tomorrow...." I successfully readjusted my train of thought and ate a delicious slice of pizza instead. Once again, thanks for taking the time to read
Old 06-14-2010, 07:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So happy for you that you found a sponsor hun! I'm so sorry about the job, but you kicked alcohol in the butt by dusting yourself off and heading to that meeting. You should be so proud of yourself for that, I know I am! :ghug3
Old 06-14-2010, 10:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, I was SO relieved when this woman piped up and said "I'm available for sponsorship!" I was telling someone after the meeting how badly I wanted a sponsor and she overheard. I walked out hopeful ... To bad it's too late at night for another slice of pizza I'd like to celebrate again lol.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Always keep on in the freezer lol! I bought a cheap crappy base last night but dressed it up with lots of my own yummy toppings. Dinner and breakfast for about $4. Saved money and was sober so remembered to pu the leftovers in the fridge and remembered they were there this morning! I love pizza lol!
Old 06-14-2010, 10:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you sleepie. Just remember....a sponsor only does you good is you use them!

So if/when you have a problem...call your sponsor day or night, that's what they sign up for and will be there for you. But they only work if you use them!

Best of luck to you!

Steve
Old 06-14-2010, 11:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey...

Good to hear your connecting. Its essential. Keep up the good work... thoughts will come--if you call your sponsor and go to meetings etc--they will pass quicker and quicker over time...

Clayton
Old 06-15-2010, 12:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

one foot in front of the other... glad you got a sponsor sleepie... keep posting and keep moving forward, you inspire me.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you got a sponsor. Keep it up and remember we are here for you too.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks all, I spoke with her shortly after awakening and she will be calling me later to arrange to go to a meeting together. Hey cool, my first meeting with my sponsor present!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It was a good meeting, there's "fellowship" afterward- which I guess is hanging with the girls and grabbing dinner- maybe next week, funds permitting- I'll go. It sounds fun. I got poured on while biking home. And I was reminded of a phone conversation I had a few days ago while inebriated that I don't remember! I'm not going to freak out about it- I'm just not going to do it again. Had cravings again on the way home, and filled them with pizza again, too lol. Now I'll watch some "Strangers With Candy" and do my "homework" before bed- my sponsor asked me to read some of the big book.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You like movies right? Heres one for ya,

You wait on line for hours to see a new movie. It turns out to be the worst film you ever saw. So as soon as it ends you leave and get back on line to see it again. I did that for 25 years. Just sayin....
Old 06-16-2010, 05:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

I've recall riding my bike to/from a fair amount of meetings. I remember starting to feel sorry for myself but was able to turn it into more resolve - ie I thought, "I MUST be serious about this AA stuff, look at me, I'm riding home from a meeting in the dark/rain/cold/etc."

Congrats on the sponsor and good luck with your homework.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
You like movies right? Heres one for ya,

You wait on line for hours to see a new movie. It turns out to be the worst film you ever saw. So as soon as it ends you leave and get back on line to see it again. I did that for 25 years. Just sayin....
is that the movie with bill murray and andie mcdowell?
Old 06-17-2010, 03:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AcceptingChange View Post
is that the movie with bill murray and andie mcdowell?
That and Ishtar.....