Notices

High bottom alcoholic

Old 06-10-2010, 04:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am an alcoholic. I drank alcoholically.
That will do for me mark.
i didnt keep the wife......or the job.......or the house...

The level of desperation i felt and believe you felt has no boundaries with regards to where your bottom is.....pardon the pun.

i could be king of england.......that level of desperation in my mind would be the same..

that realization places me squarely in the middle........instead of on the fringes thinking my drinking was different.

my rock bottom was between my ears.....my body could have managed another couple of years........but my mind was finished.....
Old 06-10-2010, 04:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by smacked View Post
Are you open to seeing a counselor? Seriously.. I found that my drinking was about 1% of the **** I needed to work on. Might help.
I have seen counselors. And I am always grateful for advice. So, thank you for your advice (?)

Was that advice? Thank you for it
Old 06-10-2010, 05:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm going to speak my mind on something. All anyone wants to talk about is the night in jail and the blood on the road. If you haven't had a night in jail or spilled some blood, well then, you're different.

What I will say is that I have experience with that. But I'm not going to spill it for the satisfaction of people who want to remember what it was like. My own hurts are mine, and those I've hurt, it's between them and I.

It's a ******* contest - the race to the bottom. Not inspiring for those who want to get out early.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Early?

in my book there is no early.........

doesnt matter if you been to jail........or your own level of personal hell.

what matters is you have reached a level of desperation that will drive you to seek help.....

what that level is...is different for everyone..
Old 06-11-2010, 07:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

When i went on drinking binges it seemed like i would never get sober and that thinking just made me drink all the more of course. For me to put down the drink meant facing the truth of my alcoholism. Personally i couldn't have cared any less about myself while drinking and yet when it came to dying from drinking i just finally did not want to check out like some lousy drunk. Anything but that. It seemed to me to be the bottom of all bottoms to die off as a drunk drunk.

You can stop drinking Spryte. You can again.

Rob
Old 06-14-2010, 12:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I would say that I am a very high functioning alkie when drinking but I can see the bottom.. its not as far away as I might think and I sink a little lower each time. Like Carol, I want to be the best person I can be... life is so much more exciting when your sober. Drinking is scary

Thats what motivates me.