Homer "FAILED" today

Old 10-10-2003, 01:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Homer "FAILED" today

I think you know what I mean.
Old 10-10-2003, 01:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

So what are you gonna do now Homer?... Start again man! Many have false starts... you just have to want it bad enough.. and get help. Hope you give AA a try.. truly nothing to loose. You CAN do this!
Old 10-10-2003, 01:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Homer, No need to be down or hard on yourself. We've all been there (many times, in my case). You have a choice to make and I hope it will be to stay sober starting today. You have our support and understanding here!

Go for it Homer.

Love, Anna
Old 10-10-2003, 03:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Smile Well Homer

simply start again. The only real failure is to quit quitting.

Keep fighting...
Old 10-10-2003, 03:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're still breathing...this time.Get to a meeting.It really works.

phoenix
Old 10-10-2003, 03:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

:woops

or should I say 'DOH!' Homer, you did it once before you can do it again. Don't beat yourself up about it.

We're here for you.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

drumk agian I am.ill post tomorrow
Old 10-10-2003, 04:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Homer, I noticed you are online. Checking out the other threads I guess. I did that a lot too after slipping up again, which I am an expert at by the way. Good luck to you and hope you come across some useful stuff.
Take care,
Wiebe
Old 10-14-2003, 09:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I failed to and have not made an attempt to stop, but I hope you can. Good Luck.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Homer,

I didn't have a problem stopping..... I had stopped thousands of times. What gave me a problem was not starting.

Homer, give AA a chance. There are halls full of recovering alcoholics who have been where you are at, and they have a solution that works.

When I walked into my first AA meeting I honestly expected to see the image that had been in my head........ people who would be sitting around, sad and trying to figure out how to control drinking.

I reached a place where I became desperate, and I was taken to my first AA meeting and what I saw was one alcoholic helping another. People where smiling, and they reached out to me......... and for the first time in my life I felt as if I finally found "Home"

Homer, I had tried to stop on my own many many times. Each and every time the obsession to drink was overwhelming and it would bring me to my first drink every single time. Putting one drink of alcohol in this body set up a reaction for MORE, and I would continue to drink until drunk and out of control. I would feel crazy, insane and I just kept plowing away "thinking" that I would be able to control it, I would find a way to drink like those so called "normal" drinkers. In 17 years of my drinking, it never happened. Things got worse, and I began to move my own value system so that I could drink. I came to a place in my life with booze and drugs where I hated myself, and I hated everyone around me.

Homer...... you can get off the elevator at any floor that you choose. You do not have to go all the way down if you choose not to.

I was definant, and I was out to prove to me and everyone else that I wasn't an alcoholic, and that I could control my drinking.

The only thing that I proved to myself was that I didn't know, what I didn't know.

Homer, you have so many people here pulling for you. The same people are at AA meetings in a hall near you, and I can assure you that they will reach out to you face to face, like they have here at this site.

How bad does it have it get Homer before you pick up the phone and call "Alcoholics Anonymous?"

I know for myself that what I have been given today is a way to not only not drink one day at a time, but I have been given the solution to LIVE..... a useful and purposeful life.

(((((((((((((((((((Homer)))))))))))))))))))))))) when you get sick and tired of being sick and tired.......... go to your phone book and look up Alcoholics Anonymous, call them....... they can help by reaching out to you, and all you have to do is reach back and take their hand.........the hands of sobriety, and Living.... REALLY LIVING one day at a time.

Love
Patsy
Old 10-15-2003, 05:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Digitally Remastered

Failure isn't falling down...it's not getting up again. [Think of children starting to walk for the first time.] The fact you *fell down* means you wanted something better so badly you were willing to start the walk in the first place. Get up and start walking again Homer...The only failure is knowing there's something better but staying down out of fear of falling again.

The last time I fell I knew I didn't want to get up again... and that scared the crap out of me so badly I got up JUST because of that reason.
Digits
Old 10-16-2003, 10:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.Ive been sick with the flu/cold since Monday and havent been on computer.Its again 4 beer-less days.I only drank 3 six packs(fri.,sat.sun.) in 2 weeks.I say "only" because its usually 6-8 big cans of budweiser EVERYDAY.I still have this cold and no desire for a beer as of now.This probably will change when I start feeling better.I have been questioning how "BAD" of a problem I have lately because I have not been in my drinking routine.I dont know what to say next.....so Ill see ya later.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Homer,

Its not how much we drink or how often we drink......its what happens to us WHEN we drink.

Homer...... I did the same thing as you are doing right now. Trying to find any excuse that I could so that I wasn't as bad as I thought I was. I am sharing this with you because this is what we do when we are not ready to take the actions necessary to stop drinking. Just my own experience, strength and hope.

Homer.... when it gets bad enough...... you will be willing to DO something about it.

Let me ask you this Homer, is what you are doing working for ya?

If not, and I suspect its not....... then why not take some suggestions and put them into action...... from those whom it is working for?

Love
Patsy
Old 10-16-2003, 03:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi Homer.. first hope you get rid of the flu bug soon.. nasty isn't it. But it gives you a jump start on continued sobriety. Now how to maintain it is the question.. remember you can't do this alone. So as Patsy mentioned give some of those suggestions a try...really, what do you have to loose, if not satisfied, will fully refund your misery! Get better!
Old 10-16-2003, 07:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you...

checked in...

Cheering you forward...