Notices

Good Times....Bad Times....

Old 06-02-2010, 07:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good Times....Bad Times....

Hi everyone.. This is not going to be one of my more cheerier posts.... I lost my p/t job due to cutbacks....I loved this little job...and was feeling so gung ho with it now that I'm sober...it came as a complete shock....boom it's over...I have to ship everything back this week..which is stressful in its self..finding the time..I still have my buisness thank god!! Happy to note..I didn't drink!! I am actually feeling my emotions for the first time without picking up I'm not going to lie..the thought did cross my mind...but I surrendered...and know that will NOT help.... So now I've tasted a little bit of good times (holidays) and bad times(job loss) without drinking....wow have I changed!!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done, experiencing life without alcohol when not used to it can be difficult. I believe life is about ups and downs, if not then something is wrong
Old 06-02-2010, 08:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Sorry to hear that Love. Good job not drinking. I think you will be soooooooo much more prepared to deal with this while you are sober. It is so easy to pick the bottle back up when things get tough....and you are showing how strong you are. Hang in there.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I believe in the ups and downs too...peaks and valleys...that's why I'm keeping my hiking boots on!! sober!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 01:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

congrats on not drinking. Having gone through the job loss thing recently as well, I didnt fare as well as you did. HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT! Great Job!