Notices

Im definately going to need some help

Old 05-22-2010, 09:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
absolutely it is. i had it for awhile after i quit, but it does go away.

i resorted to wearing long sleeve shirts and jeans to bed to combat the itch..that helped me alot.
Weird. I thought that was just my freaky old self scratching away all alone in the 48 hour crunch zone. Scratching away while panicking about impossible worst case life scenarios and imagining someone, never knew who, busting through my door at any moment without any other reason but to do me harm.

On a side note: Does any get startled really easily by slightly louder than normal sounds, or sudden movement in their peripheral vision during a detox phase?
Old 05-22-2010, 09:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Heathen

Itching can be a symptom of liver trouble, also..please see a doc if you're concerned!
Old 05-22-2010, 03:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DetroitRock View Post

On a side note: Does any get startled really easily by slightly louder than normal sounds, or sudden movement in their peripheral vision during a detox phase?
Good Lord, yes. if a mouse farted on the next city block i would just about jump out of my skin. that took months to disappear.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good Lord, yes. if a mouse farted on the next city block i would just about jump out of my skin. that took months to disappear.
MONTHS? Wow. That's usually out of me after a week. I usually save that part of the detox for the weekends so that I can just stay home
Old 05-22-2010, 04:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DetroitRock View Post
MONTHS? Wow. That's usually out of me after a week. I usually save that part of the detox for the weekends so that I can just stay home
yeah...it took months for me. it could also have been protracted withdrawal from prescription drugs as well.

to this day, i still get jumpy if i'm tired.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

yeah...it took months for me. it could also have been protracted withdrawal from prescription drugs as well.

to this day, i still get jumpy if i'm tired.
Yeah. That seemed to magnify things quite a bit, the insomnia of the first 48-72 hours.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:15 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey everyone day two was a lot easier for me than day one. I woke up and slugged about 3w oz of water then did a few things around the house. I felt the anxiety coming back but I just tried to stay busy. Around noon a friend asked if I would helo him with yard work so I agreed. He picked me up and I was a bit anxious/nervous in the car but nothing like a full blown attack like I get the next day after a string of benders.

We worked for 8 straight hours with just a sandwhich break. Dug a 2 ft trench 2 ft down and 83 feet long. Then planted 24 arbor vides to make a wall trees like a fence so he doesn't have to look at neighbors...

I was so tired from being 20 lbs overweight and out of shape when I got home I passed out within 2 hrs.. no anxiety after that too tired.

The itchy feeling stopped. This is my 3rd day now. The first weekend hump is over. I will not have any triggers until next Saturday.

As for my symptoms. Still woke up a few times soaking in sweat although I set my air to 60 degrees. I don't know what is up my poor dog was shaking and I'm sweating... anxiety is still there if I am not doing something to occupy myself but not nearly as bad as day 1. Got my appetite back some. I never had any visual or audio hallucinations. Shakes are completely gone.

The most important thing for me is I was offered a drink 3 times from different people yesterdAy while landscaping and said no. I almost got snappy when I said no to beer then wine cooler then they offered to make me a magarita.

The hard days for this. Week r over. Sunday thru thurs noone really drinks, so I will be fine. Next Friday I need to find a new way to entertain myself.

Thx again guys I will keep posting at least you all understand me.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:44 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Day three came and went. All of the symptoms that I was experiencing are still there but far less. Almost not noticable.

Although here on day 4, I seem to be having some new ones, I guess I was supposed to expect this. I feel like I am a bit foggy and forgetting things that I just did. Almost like an airhead which I am never really.

anyone else experience this? Seems to be getting better exponentially then it just starts to go backwards.

on a side note, last night I slept amazingly, no night sweats. But i horrible nightmares. I dont remember dreaming at all the past 6 months really, these weren't jump out of my bed scary, but still pretty bad.

THat was a first.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paul32 View Post
Day three came and went. All of the symptoms that I was experiencing are still there but far less. Almost not noticable.

Although here on day 4, I seem to be having some new ones, I guess I was supposed to expect this. I feel like I am a bit foggy and forgetting things that I just did. Almost like an airhead which I am never really.

anyone else experience this? Seems to be getting better exponentially then it just starts to go backwards.

on a side note, last night I slept amazingly, no night sweats. But i horrible nightmares. I dont remember dreaming at all the past 6 months really, these weren't jump out of my bed scary, but still pretty bad.

THat was a first.

CRS sysdrome...(can't remember s#it.) ..yup...i remember that. LOL

the brain fog is kinda of confusing but it's your brain trying to protect you from your nervous system right now. my doctor explained it like this.
if your normal nervous system operates at a 4, when you're detoxing/getting sober, it's gonna be amped up...alot . your brain is trying to give your nervous system a rest. it'll go away in a few weeks.

funny story....i had this rather badly. for years i forgot my mom's birthday, and the week i got sober i sent my mom 4 e-cards in one day. all i would have had to do was look in my sent box, but nope...sometimes it takes me a long time to get to a short answer.

as far as the nightmares...yeah. they absolutely suck. i had them terribly for a long time. i wanna say they were almost nightly for the first few weeks and then slowly started to taper into better dreams. i wanna say at about 3 months, (for me) they were almost completely gone.

you're going to dream very vividly for awhile and if you're like me... when I started having better days, i would also start to have really cool dreams. i think i was at about a month when i started to fly and i had never done so in my life in any dreams. it can be fun.

hang in there, you're doing great.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:45 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

LOL.. CRS. that is funny. I am on day 5 now. I'm still having wierd memory things. I have a hand ful of vitamins I'm taking. I walked upstairs and they are gone. I think I ate them, but I can't be sure unfortunately.

sleep was a catastrophe last night but I will survived. much less sweats, much more bad dreams.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:41 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I had tons of anxiety as well - especially on Mondays. Actually we sound very similar except I let my problem go on for a long time. I can tell you that after the first month of complete sobriety all my anxiety went away.

I feel free now.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

hey karma, how long did you drink for, how long are you sober for?

anohter thing is when I try to do anything to exert myself, like cut the grass or vaccum the pool I sweat profusely. I guess I still am holding alot of water from all the drinking maybe. I'm drinking tons and tons of water, trying to flush my system out.

I figured I drank heavy for a month. Its goign to take a month to get back to normal. I pretty much have the anxiety under control, at least managable. I dont have any cravings to drink. I just have the mental part knowing I beat my body up for no reason, and I have noone to blame buy myself.

I'm trying to counter act that by getting as much excersize as possible over the next few weeks. I bet I will lose some weight too.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:11 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
SR Fan

hey Paul! I've had memory issues too (3 1/2 weeks sober). Noticed quite a few "glitches" yesterday. A couple of times it worried me. It's usually little things though and it doesn't seem to be getting worse, thank goodness. Some days are better than others and I find that it helps if I try to concentrate on what I'm doing and/or write things down if I need to.

I'm eating better and more often during the day (something about carbohydrates and the brain?) and trying to keep things as simple because it's worse if there's alot going on. The more worrisome times have been when my brain seemed to skip a beat or something. It's hard to describe........

Like you, I'd also love to know if anyone has any experiences/tips on this matter.

Congrats on your sober days!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 01:32 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Yeah it is like the brain skips a beat. It happened to me twice today that I know of. Nothing major but still a bit worrisome. I just finishing moving close to three ton of wood for my sister via wheelbarrel. I am too tired and sore to worry about it now but I am definately still dehrdyated. Drank over a gallon of water in 4 hours and still haven't taken a whiz ( sorry for the grossness) but seriously maybe the dehydration is affecting things like that brain is like 95% water or something.

I think the foggy head is clearing up. Aches and pains were minor and indistuingishable from the soreness I feel from the amount of work I did in the past 5 days.

I'm only half done with the wood. I may take another crack at it after dinner... I took the rest of the week off to get myself into the long weekend. That will be 13 days sober by that point. I have gone 2 weeks before so that's my first milestone. Of course I never actually tried to quit before. That few times I didn't drink I was on travel or just didn't feel like being hungover.

I love this forum now thank you all so much for keeping me sane!
Old 05-27-2010, 05:26 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

well day 6 was a complete and total blur. on day 7 now. 10pm tonight marks a week. I see absolutely no problems going forward this week until saturday. Its a HUGE celebration in my town. Everyone is coming to my house starting at noon. its usually a drunk fest.

That will be my first true test. I'm already playing it out my head. I'm sure some of you can relate to this. Saying things like, well I'll only drink beer, bla bla bla.. its all ********.

alcohol is alcohol. I hate to wish my much looked forward to weekend away, but I want to get through it as quickly as possible so I dont break my promise to myself.

in the end it really is mind over matter for me. wish me luck
Old 05-27-2010, 07:18 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paul32 View Post
well day 6 was a complete and total blur. on day 7 now. 10pm tonight marks a week. I see absolutely no problems going forward this week until saturday. Its a HUGE celebration in my town. Everyone is coming to my house starting at noon. its usually a drunk fest.

That will be my first true test. I'm already playing it out my head. I'm sure some of you can relate to this. Saying things like, well I'll only drink beer, bla bla bla.. its all ********.

alcohol is alcohol. I hate to wish my much looked forward to weekend away, but I want to get through it as quickly as possible so I dont break my promise to myself.

in the end it really is mind over matter for me. wish me luck
good luck

try to keep a glass of lemonade or tea or a soda in your hand at all times. then people will be less likely to offer you something you don't need.