Notices

Leaving on holidays tomorrow!!

Old 05-20-2010, 08:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Leaving on holidays tomorrow!!

I had posted awhile ago about my upcoming holidays in "wine country" and had contemplated changing the destination, but decided not to....to do so, to me means that alcohol would have won....and I've had enough of alcohol controlling my life...controlling where I go..what I do etc......I will be celebrating 4 months on the 25th, maybe at the beginning of my recovery it would have not been the best thing...but these past few weeks I've really thought about it....wrote my feelings out...talked about it....and feel strong enough and "equipped" enough to handle the vineyards, the people drinking and all that holidays bring.....I love this place, and look forward to really seeing it threw sober eyes.... I think with every holiday I take, wherever it is since I am an alcoholic, the temptation to drink will be there...it's what I do with that temptation that really matters..... by the grace of God I go!!!

Have a wonderful long weekend to my fellow Canadians!! and a wonderful weekend for all!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 08:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

OK, good luck (well, not luck, but you know what I mean).
Old 05-20-2010, 08:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Toronto!! I know what you mean!! have a great long weekend?? any plans..must be something going on in the big city!!!
Old 05-21-2010, 02:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nothign special like going away. I might look for something to do spontaneously, but I think it is going to be run of the mill, and that's OK for now.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Go for it Love! You can do it!

I had a similar experience earlier this month around my 60 day mark with my annual golf trip down south. A big drink fest with the buddies but I maintained! I really felt confident on my return that if I could make it through that, I could make it through anything.

Wine country rocks! Concentrate on the beauty of the area, the interesting aspects of the business of wine-making, people watching and enjoying sober life.

You can do it!