Notices

Four beer-less days now

Old 10-08-2003, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Four beer-less days now

Im feeling pretty good today except for waking at 4:30AM.The other bad thing is Im being plagued by headaches.Is this common?I have not smoked weed either, by the way.The boys and I have bedrooms which are close together and last night while we were all in our own beds we talked,each taking a turn at chiming in on our conversations.It was awesome(kinda felt like the Waltons lol).I must admit I been going through craving periods which in turn makes me all anxious and stuff.I wanna quit,then I dont wanna quit,but,I will quit.Today I had to work in a big city where I grew up and everywhere I looked I saw places,stores,parks,familiar faces all which brought back memories.The problem is I remember them as the good days of drinking,hanging out,smoking weed,and just laughing and having a blast.Of course this was 15 years ago but it felt like yesterday.It kinda scared me because my life has changed so much(for the better in most ways but not all).I got married young,18,and my wife was my partying partner up until about 6 years ago.I think to myself if I get totally sober will I find I really dont love her as a wife like I thought.We both have problems with each other and shes not a compromiser! I must keep my family together for my kids and myself,but....Ill just leave it at that.Boy I hope she never clicks on this site or Im dead!Well let me go finish this good day trying to do something useful.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Super...

the longer you stay sober the easier it becomes.

Yes..the headaches and waking up are normal for now. You are in de tox.

I suggest you attend F2F AA meetings for support and understanding.

We all have been exactly where you are...You Can Win Over Addiction.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

Awsome for you Homer.. it truly get's better!
The headaches and sleeplessness will also subside.. try taking multi-vitamins.. marvelous those little pills, really help!

Carol has often mentioned a real good book if your not ready for AA Under the Influence.. try to get it and read it..great stuff!

Hang in there you probably just gave the kids a memory they'll never forget!
Old 10-08-2003, 12:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Homer, good for you! I am very encouraged to see you on day 4. Keep it up. You may be pleasantly surprised on your wife how she will react to you being sober. Either way she reacts/acts your on the right track..don't get side tracked with old patterns, fears, and new ones. Don't set false expectations either. Your wife may never "understand". But your behavior can only be a good thing for your kids so despite your existing relationships stay on track. I read it is normal to experience depression, regret and be overly sensitive (as if you are not that way when drinking..lol ) but especially when you try to quit. As Music said in another thread..." what you are going through now isn't as rough as it can get if you Don't go through it...."...
Old 10-09-2003, 02:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats, Homer.

Vitamin B1 is very good for alcohol withdrawal. A high dose of those, a multivitamin and lots of water, fruit and veges will give your body a boost and make you feel better.

AA is really a good idea if you want to stay stopped. I didn't think of it as "AA" when I went, I saw it as a group of people who knew how to stay sober and were willing to teach me.

The fears you have are common and what really helps me is just dealing with things as they come up, one day at a time. Any more than that quickly turns into overload and anyway, some things are just out of my control.

All the best
Amy
Old 10-09-2003, 02:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Chy

Amen to that Amy!
Old 10-09-2003, 06:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I made another day.Its 5 today and I had a very tempting day.Of course I did not drink but sure wanted to.I did drink 2 non-alcoholic beers because it was them or the real stuff.I was able to get back to being relaxed and enjoyed the rest of my sober day.I slept good and felt pretty good most of the day.My thinking is clearer,for sure.Gotta go but will keep those who care informed on my progress.Im going to my cozy bed now.G'nite Johnboy lol
Old 10-09-2003, 06:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi Homer glad to see your back, just for your info non-A beers do have alcohol, many threads on this. Hope you check them out. If your really trying to get sober don't even put yourself in that mindset of non-alcoholic beers being okay.. they are not. Keep progressing!
Old 10-09-2003, 07:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

Homer,

Watch out for N/A beers. Otherwise you are doing great. I am on day 7. I really had a craving on day 5 too. Been really sleepy in the afternoon, probably cause I too am waking up way too early!

BTW i love your quote!