Notices

Look, see me,i'm an alcololic

Old 05-10-2010, 07:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Right Where I am Suppose to be

Talking Look, see me,i'm an alcololic

Yes, youre seeing correctly.....................i'm an ALCOHOLIC & no longer am i ashamed!!!!! I was asked last night how can u live with the shame of being an Alcoholic? I have to admit at first my horns & hoofs nearly came to surface but i bit back my inital reaction...........and said...................Look at me..................i'm a mother, wife,sister a daughter. Do i look like the type of person who would put her own sister in hospital from a beating, do i look like a woman who would be unfaithful, do i look like a woman who would neglect her children...................................the answer the person gave me was no way.
I was that person , liquid in a bottle did that to me, i was a monster. I lived with the things i had done because i didnt know what else to do, it was easier to hear people saying the things i had done than admit i was sorry.
Not anymore i took away the label of alcoholic & admitted i was beaten by drink, the word alcoholic doesnt frighten me anymore, the thought of returning to the madness does.
Thankfully i have learnt to deal with the things i need to on a daily basis, i cant fix me today, i'm a work in progress, just like the MonaLisa .
So, i say what shame.....................i know my past, i'm now brave enough to want to deal with it & move on, I WANT to be a better person, not live in the Shame of a false existence.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think that you are on the path to being a better person, I'm sure your family is happy with the changes with-in.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to know your moving forward.....
Old 05-10-2010, 01:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Take every day one at a time. I wish you much success and strength on your journey.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

the word alcoholic doesnt frighten me anymore, the thought of returning to the madness does.
AMEN to that, sampar!!
Old 05-10-2010, 02:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great share You are already a better person, good for you for making the difficult changes.

May you continue to find peace, happiness & love :day6
Old 05-10-2010, 03:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Some of the finest people in the world I know are alcoholics.

There are people in my life now who are not but who desperately need a "programme" and don't even know it.