Notices

Accidently drank tonight

Old 05-06-2010, 06:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

For anyone who is going to be around drinking people
and who are not chooseing to drink........

Smell before you taste
Old 05-06-2010, 07:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Originally Posted by December15 View Post
I agree with you that bar's are not ideal places. Problem is for many of us it is impossible to avoid them because of work. Managers invite workers and clients to bar locations - they are sort of like informal meetings outside of the office. You can't really avoid attending otherwise you are neglecting your work commitments. Well, this is what it is like in my company.
I'm comfortable enough in my sobriety today, I'd tell my boss I'm in recovery. I don't care cause, if I start drinking again, I'll end up losing my job anyway

The whole idea of going to a bar if, you're not working there
makes as much sense as being on a diet and hanging around buffets. I can say the Lord's prayer about leading me not into temptation but, I have to do the foot work.

Not sure about you all but, I just thought, I was the coolest drinker there ever was. I was so cool drinking high class drinks like I was somebody. Has anyone ever seen the pictures posted around on the internet of people passed out and their friends painting their faces, people lying passed out in puke etc. ???
I do have one picture of me really wasted one eye shut and two friends holding me up ..........
Now, I have a son that comes home every night like that. Watching someone you love going through the same crap you've been through takes all thoughts of drinking away
Old 05-06-2010, 10:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Heathen

One of many reasons I avoid "mocktails" of any sort..
Old 05-06-2010, 10:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

People, Places, and Things

As others, I believe it will do no good to beat yourself up. This is a good example of the suggestion to stay away from the people , places, and things that we used to be involved with. For me, it was years before I went near any establishment that sold alcohol and today I would never order a "virgin" drink. For so much as it may just be too close to the real thing. I stick with coffeee or soda. However, in my early attempts at sobriety I would go to bars and clubs. I would be miserable and would end up drinking at some point. Finally decided to follow suggestions.

Bradley B.
12/14/86

Last edited by Dee74; 05-13-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I agree...congrats on STOPPING! That's the big deal here, not that you - innocently and mistakenly - had a bit of a drink. I don't know, for sure, that I could've or would've stopped. Good for you!!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:33 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

ginger, Heres what I see. You stayed in control, even when you had some alcohol in your system. You win. Great great job!!!

Btw, Im almost 4 months sober, I still hang out with the same friends. Ive sat at the bar with a coke, I still hang out while they get drunk. Sure they dont understand completely, but they do respect when I say no. You need to keep living your life, minus the booze. I get where you are coming from.