Notices

first sober break up help

Old 05-04-2010, 06:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy first sober break up help

I did what everyone told me not to and started dating 2 months into my sobriety. I guess without realizing it i made her my new comfort my new alcohol if you will. ten months later as im dealing with the feelings of one year sober now what? Im also dealing with no more girlfriend now what?

What is the healthy way to deal with this i have an appointment with my therapist to talk and am trying to get a hold of my sponsor but hes at work. I wanna eat and i wanna workout because i know that will help but i cant get myself to eat and dont have the motivation and energy to workout.

I know somebody out there has dealt with a break up during sobriety id really like to know what got you through it? Im NOT going to pick up a drink but my stupid brain keeps coming back to that conclusion i need some alternate ideas? there isnt a meeting around me til noon and my family is all working.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

All I know from experience is drinking makes break ups a million times worse, and makes you do all sorts of stupid things. It's not much of a consolation now but these feelings will pass eventually - there's plenty more fish in the sea!
Old 05-04-2010, 06:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Not sure if, it's age and maturity or the time in sobriety. Either way, your emotions level out after a few years. The highs aren't as high and thank goodness the lows aren't as low.

We can't place conditions on sobriety. Go exercise, wash and wax your car, go clean up your crib. Get done with that pm me, I'll give you some more things to do to keep your hands busy !!
Old 05-04-2010, 07:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

good advice thanks captain
Old 05-04-2010, 07:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

While your hands are busy.....say The Serenity Prayer
over and over .....

Congratulations on your sober time
Old 05-04-2010, 10:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Drinking made any problem worse for me, it could be anything from a break up to my car not starting. I think that working out and cleaning are great ideas.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ch5 HOW

Originally Posted by surferdude9371 View Post
I did what everyone told me not to and started dating 2 months into my sobriety.
The Big Book states that we are not the arbiters of anyone's sex life, so the idea that people can tell you what you can and can't do is absurd as far as dating goes.

Also, a healthy way to deal with it is do an inventory around it and then look for someone to help. When we have troubles with sex we throw ourselves more into helping others.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks to all i finally got off my butt and ate some breakfast, worked out, then went to a meeting and shared im feeling much better but appreciate prays.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Question

Let's just pray the oil stays away from the beaches down there

hmmm

They need volunteers to help out down there?? Might be a good project for you!!