Notices

Is 90 days the speed bump?

Old 04-30-2010, 02:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is 90 days the speed bump?

Well just wondering, is 90 days the hurdle or something lol....because long story short. I'm about 90 days this time, and have been doing real good...but all the sudden the past day or two has just been so screwing with my mind.

I posted in another post about some thoughts because of my brother in law&friend and some issues with them, but today I've also been having thoughts now that I've been sober, about how I missed so much. I never really thought much about this till lately but tonight I was thinking how many of my mom's B day's I missed because I drunk, how I missed some of my niece&nephew's B days (now 12&15yrs)...how I missed just spending time with my mom who's now 66yrs old (B-day in 3 weeks). Just been thinking so much the past couple days about how my drinking has really screwed up things in my life I didn't even know till now.

I know this is stuff I should/will talk to my sponsor about tomorrow...but after the past 2 months being so good, all the sudden these things coming up are really bothering me. Anyone else go through these thoughts/feelings of guilt around 90 days? is this normal/okay? Is the 90 days mark a hurdle that come up or??

Steve
Old 04-30-2010, 02:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

DayWalker,

I think the alcoholic mind or the addictive voice chooses our hurdles to become more active. This disease is tricky. It wants to survive. This is why one day at a time works. Don't worry about it. It's just another date! Treat it as you would any other Today.

Just don't drink today. Work your program, reach out to your sponsor. Don't let the disease mess with your mind!

Today I have a new sober day. So do you.

Love,

Lenina
Old 04-30-2010, 02:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Steve....
Prayer helps me immensley in all situations.
It can smooth the bumps and fill you with
calm peace and gratitude....

Last edited by CarolD; 04-30-2010 at 03:26 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks to you both. Don't get me wrong, I'm not thinking of drinking...just my mind is messing with me telling me how much I missed because of the addiction

Steve
Old 04-30-2010, 03:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Well...
Step 4--followed immediately with 5'
gave me God's forgiveness

9 helped me right wrongs

Then.....continueing to live all the Steps
gave me freedom and serenity.

Old 04-30-2010, 04:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think thats why they call the first few months a rollercoaster ride.
I didn't think It was happening to me until I had built up some time, and started looking back. My mood swings would last for days.
I think at about the 9 month mark is when things settled down for me. But everybody is different, probably depending on how much and how long they drank. And age etc etc.
Hang in there. I think it's just a mental healing process. Alcohol does change how one thinks. So when you take it away, thinking changes also.
It just takes time to heal.
Fred
Old 04-30-2010, 06:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I don't recall having the same hurdles at 90days but you talking about missing birthdays really hits home with me. I missed my nephews 16th b-day party because I was so drunk on a Sunday. The whole family was really dissapointed. Now I make every birthday and it is great.