Notices

I don't want to waste your time...

Old 05-02-2010, 05:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've relapsed more times than I'd like to remember so I cannot judge anyone else. Just don't give up on yourself. Keep trying til you get it right.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey Paulos,
I'm at Day 1 with you today, too. I was on Day 14 and last night I was lonly, sad, angry and at home by myself (which doesn't happen often). It's almost like my brain says, "Hey, no ones around to watch me! I can do whatever I want!" What - am I twelve? Anyway, it was not a bad bender, but I'm mad at myself for drinking as I feel ****** this morning and I was feeling so good. Well, I'm just going to pick myself up and keep at it.
fakesmiles
Old 05-02-2010, 02:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hang in there Paulos. If we weren't welcome here after falling down I don't think too many of us would be here.
I'm in the same boat as you....I thought I could do some basic control and moderation but of course it quickly zoomed out of control again.
The last month or two has been one big long drunken haze for me. I'm back to day 1 here again before my liver explodes.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I had so many white chips that my Homegroup called me and asked for some back.....
Old 05-03-2010, 07:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
I had so many white chips that my Homegroup called me and asked for some back.....
ZING!!

Seriously Paulos, I'll bet there are more relapses out there than members of this board multiplied by 10. I know it took me a year and half between me saying "that's it, I'm stopping!" and actually doing it. And I'm not stopped. I could drink today or tomorrow, I just choose not to and yeah, I still have to white knuckle it sometimes.

You can do it my friend! Just keep trying.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I think you just took a small detour from sobriety but you can get back on the path today and continue forward. I'm not sure that I have ever met anyone who hasen't relapsed once or twice while getting sober.