Notices

Ready for some change!

Old 03-08-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
formerly IMHomerSimpson

Originally Posted by IMHomerSimpson View Post
Hi,Im a daily beer slugger,marijuana smoker,ex-coke user,overeater,highly anxious,lazy,cig smoking near basket-case person.I been drinking 6-8 pints(16oz.) of Budweiser,smokin a joint a day,and 2 packs of smokes everyday for about 7 years.Before this routine it was a couple of beers and weed everyday and Friday night coke nights for about 8 years.Ended coke use 7 years ago and took on daily 6-8 pack beer ever since,with no breakup with the weed habit.I'm a family man with couple of kids,full time job,own home,new cars and motorcycle,etc.. I have been functionable for these years but slowly am getting lazier and finding it harder to quit for short periods of time.Got some health issues like high blood pressure,50lbs overweight,anxiety(zoloft),and some panic attacks(klonopin) along with a fatty liver.I stopped for a month this year and felt so good I celebrated with a six pack and wound up back where I was.I figured I could do the controlled drinking thing(1 or 2 beers a day) but that did not work out as planned.I will be going for sobriety again before some major crises comes up from my behavoir.Ive been pretty fortunate over the years considering how I lived,wife stilll here,no dui's,employed,and so on.My habits begin when I get home from work at 3pm and last until about 5-6pm,getting the buzz I like ,eat and then sleep by 8pm only to wake at 2am for a while.Im hoping by writing this I willl get som feedback and have something to do on my off time.Thanks
This was my first post almost 10 years ago! I am bringing this post up for those newcomers like myself who think they have the problem under control after a short time of not drinking. Alcoholism sure is progressive,cunning and baffling. Nothing changes if nothing changes!

Patrick
Old 03-08-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
formerly IMHomerSimpson

Again,the thread was from 10 years ago when i first started here at sr!!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Yep, and you had some starting in 2008 under Homer 38, lol

I think they show you your progression.

I am glad to see you are continuing to move forward in your recovery.

Again, I am glad you found your way back!!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 03-08-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

For some of us, the road to recovery can be a long one P lol.
It was 15 years or so for me.

Really glad you're back and doing well now

D
Old 03-08-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
AAudrey

Homer, the thing is with AA it's the easier softer way. You don't have to do this alone.