Notices

Trying hard today.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying hard today.

It's taking every shred of my being not to drink today. I'm really down, I'm taking meds that aren't working yet and I know I have to wait and I want to drink until I feel better. I'm trying so hard today, I walked, biked, ran errands, played word games, and read to distract myself. My meds make me really tired too. thanks for listening.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Heathen

Maybe a good meal and a nap!
Old 04-09-2010, 03:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A friend is coming by to watch a movie w/ me. I am just consumed with the desire for a beer tho.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's taking every shred of my being not to drink today. I'm really down, I'm taking meds that aren't working yet and I know I have to wait and I want to drink until I feel better. I'm trying so hard today, I walked, biked, ran errands, played word games, and read to distract myself
How about finding a meeting? If AA isn't your thing then there's other options for different style meetings that all share the same goal.

Steve
Old 04-09-2010, 06:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Can you call/talk to someone you trust? Is there anyone close who can help you get thru this? Maybe talking to a friend about it can help.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No, I have no one at this time. My friend came over, suggested a sixer and that was the end of the story! Sorry But anything for relief, these meds are doing nothing so far and a person can only try, and take so much.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I remember reading Drinking: A Love Story by Caroline Knapp. One weekend, after she got sober, a friend from AA came over, swept into the kitchen in a state and said "It's the weekend and all I want to do is relax with a bottle of wine, and I can't and it sucks." They both thought it sucked, but they talked each other into staying sober. I suppose it's at these times that AA and friends from AA who are going through the same thing help the most. You may have decided on a sixer this time, but if you're determined to quit long term then this won't be the last time you feel like this, and next time you can call a different friend who won't suggest a sixer. Just put this one down to experience, learn from it, and choose a different plan next time, because there will be a next time.

Good luck.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know there will be a next time, there always is... I used to be able to get three months of sober time before I caved, but things are tougher this time around, it's been a heck of a year or two... death in the family, reunion w/ abusive parents, slow loss of my only trusted and loving relative and being tormented by greedy, money hungry cousins and sibling. I keep hoping these meds work, and soon! I feel like I have to call my therapist every day but I don't want to bug her. I wanted to see her twice a week but she can't because it's only state care and there are so many people to see. And, after I hurt myself and was hospitalized all of my friends with the exception of one fled the scene. It was a state hospital as I am unemployed and uninsured and that was a nightmare in itself! Please please please let these meds work and soon! Thanks for listening.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

There is no problem you cant make worse by drinking. Have you tried Prayer? Just sayin....
Old 04-10-2010, 08:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Welcome to SR, Sleepie.