Notices

Things I'm not going to miss

Old 04-07-2010, 12:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FuzzyFatSacks View Post
Another is making plans with people while I was drunk and then subsequently standing them up because I didn't remember making plans
You remember the people? Of course, they're all my best friend forever after a 'couple' of beers!
Old 04-07-2010, 06:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

i dont miss waking up in the middle of the night desperately needing a drink of water, and tossing and turning and sweating i HATED that!
Old 04-07-2010, 06:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
part time member

I won't (don't) miss those times that I snuck out of the house to buy booze. I just assume that nobody knew I was gone. Sometimes it was 1:40am!
Old 04-07-2010, 07:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I can relate to all the above posts!!! just the thought of them makes me shiver!!! Thank God for sober living!!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 07:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I identify with lots of the above...unbelievable..

I won't miss the worrying about going to social/family events: always worrying about how I could drink without getting drunk and making a show of myself.. Being a shy person I needed a drink to be able to mingle and feel at ease in these events which was a vicious circle as I just ended up drinking too much and getting drunk... Being mortified the morning after and not remembering what you did, how you got home, how you disgraced yourself..letting family down...

Also, indeed the 'empty promises' to friends..people you met and obviously had long conversations with and not remembering anything about them the day after... Meeting them again and not even recognising their faces when they know so much about you!!

Finding mysterious bumps and bruises on your body and not remembering how you got them..

Indeed not being able to look people in the eye...squandering money - buying lots of rounds of drinks for everyone and plenty for myself... as they say a fool and his money are easily parted...

Trying to have a child with my husband but at the same time worrying about how I would be able to drink less or no alcohol while pregnant.. or being glad that I wasn't pregnant as I could drink freely...disgusting....

If I was going for dinner I would always look forward to the alcohol and not the food...

I also noticed that I put so many things off too..the house was becoming unmanageable..but I've been doing a major sorting out over the last few weeks and catching up on paperwork - even found old unopened wedding presents that I hadn't noticed since 2002...never had or made the time....

Getting myself into ridiculously stupid situations and lying to get out of them and most of all lying to myself...

The migraines, hangovers, bloodshot eyes, cravings, tiredness, anger, frustration, depression, worries about damaging my health and my fertility, and most of all the guilt and embarrassment...
Old 04-08-2010, 04:30 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Most of these! More than anything, the look on my wife's face. The shame and guilt . . .