Notices

Hi, quit drinking/smoking march 24, 2010

Old 04-04-2010, 09:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi, quit drinking/smoking march 24, 2010

hey, i just turned 25 years old and i lost 6-7 years of my life from alcohol/weed.

it started off slow, i would drink but not smoke, or smoke but not drink.
in that last 3-4 years ive enjoyed the combination (drinking/smoking)

I think out of the last 1000 days i was drunk at least 950 days.
My choice of drinking was 70% beer 15% vodka 15% wine

I would wake up drink untill i pass out, then wake up in the afternoon and drink untill i pass out.

I think i averaged about 10 beers a day. Only good thing is that i wasnt at a point where i would vomit maybe cuz of my tolerance (i think i only vomited like once every 2 years)

I use to be a hardcore athlete, before i started college and got intruduced to weed and then i became an alchololic.

I decided that i turned 25 and if i would continue being a loser i would end up runined for life in 2 years or so.

I actually started trying to quit seriously on march 21, 2010
I realize that all these Alcoholic anonymous meeting or helplines are for weaklings and dont do **** because u need to inner strengh to succeed. Instead i drew inspiration from top athletes (mixed martial arts, boxing, etc)

my schedule changed drastically on march 21, 2010
here is what my routine looks like

-wake up, eat, rest
- go jogging
- eat, rest
- situps, pushups
- eat, rest
- biking
- eat, rest
- situps, pushups, weights
- eat, rest
- go joggin again
- eat, rest

new day same ****.

during running/biking i just concentrate of breathing in by nose, breathing out by mouth, and keep getting flashes in my head that top athletes like manny pacquiao, floyd mayweather, fedor emelianenko, they dont drink because it interfears with their health/training.

when im doing, situps, pushups, weights i listen to insipring music.

For the 1st 3 days (from march 21-24) i still struggled a bit my ribs/arms hurts, my lungs/heart were tried because i went from fullblown alcholic/pothead to fullblown athlete. for the 1st 3 days i still at the end of the day had 3-4 beers, 1 joint.

Everything changed on march 24, 2010. I finally was FREE.
I know its been like only 10 days but i havent touched alcholol/smoke not even once an i love it.

Im training for the triathalon and also building up body strenght
All i do from 10am - midnight is train/eat/rest same **** everyday.

I'm up to 4km day in running , 6km day in biking, 200situps /day, 60 pushups/ day, lift weights 3 times a week

I use to just eat 1 huge meal a day, now i eat like 5-6 times a day.

I dont drink coffee, no fast food (only small ceasar salad at mcdonald), no sweets/junkfood or soda.

I train like a maniac and eat like a healthy maniac.

I am getting in shape for the traithalon and also i am pursuing a career as a police officer. I hope to start by fall 2011.

I get extra encouragement from those addiction shows, because watching struggling alcholics/potheads fail gives me extra morale and positive reinforcements.

as a matter of fact i went to a sports-bar with my friends for the ufc (ultimate fighting championships) and while they had beers i had an exotic drink that had no alcohol, think it was called a pina colada and i loved it.

I use to tell my mom to hide her alcohol in her room because if it was in a common area like the kitchen and i was alone in the house with no alcohol i would just take it to my room. Now im not even tempted by it. I KNOW i cant have even 1 sip of alcohol nor do i want it.

I use to think that life would be BORING withough alcohol/weed and boy was i wrong life is great. I was at a point where i couldnt even be a passanger in a car without a beer in my hand.

Now how did i find this website?? well its almost summer and getting hot so i wanted to know if its safe to drink non alcoholic beer cuz i still miss the taste a bit.

So..i googled ''is non alcoholic beer safe for recovering alcholics'' and this site popped up and some people said there is still 0.5% alcohol in it and as soon as i read it i was educated and decided that i cant have it.

I know i only stopped 100% everything on march 24, 2010 and its only like 10 days but everything is so much clearer now.

Im just focused on exercising, eating healthy so i can go back to school and start the police tech program by fall 2011. I know im a 'late bloomer' but still relatively young.

I know the post is long but i feel like i need to share my story and this site is another encouragement tool for me when im resting during my trianing

I cant even have 1 drop of alcohol, or be in a car with a smoker because all the hardwork will be runined. Going back to my old life would be EASY, i WANT a challenge. And to tell the truth im scared of alcohol/smoking im even scared of 2nd hand smoke. I dont want it **** alcholol/smoking ^_^ wish me well folks i know im on the right path
Old 04-04-2010, 10:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you man. Keep it up!! I have quit drinking, but am still smoking. Wish I weren't but I am doing one thing at a time... best of luck!
Old 04-04-2010, 11:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Best of luck as you move forward.

however....
I realize that all these Alcoholic anonymous meeting or helplines are for weaklings and dont do **** because u need to inner strengh to succeed. Instead i drew inspiration from top athletes (mixed martial arts, boxing, etc)
This statement is not valid for many of us who find
AA is the way we choose to live.

It's not necessary or appropiate to knock anyones choices.
I hope your way works out for you....
Old 04-04-2010, 11:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

AA has actually helped me tremendously. Not only am I not drinking, but I feel like a different person and have learned a lot about myself and my behaviors by hearing the stories that are shared by people who are like me. Sounds like you already found your Higher Power in the inspiration you derive from professional athletes. Congrats on your newfound sobriety!